New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Add ko na rin:

- Yung mga pedestrian na kung tumawid eh akala mo naglalakad sa ilalim ng buwan. Take note! While the pedestrian "stoplight" is red! Tapos kapag binusinahan mo kasi green yung ilaw for the cars, sila pa etong may ganang magalit.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bumili na kasi ng sticker.... Mura lang naman e.... E, ka-mahal ng sasakyang dina-drive mo,- Walang face value; face value sa jaguar....

16.4K:bond:
    This applies in most cases where i have prick neighbors who refuse to cough up 1K for their car stickers. Most villages have a tiered system for stickers where as you buy more, the sticker price goes up (usually after the 3rd sticker).

In the case of James Deakin, if you follow his Counterflow column, his case is beyond the norm as he has a different test vehicle every week so he can't get a sticker for those cars and yet, he has to use it everyday and it can be quite a hassle in some villages where going to the visitors gate can mean another 20-30mins of travel time (i.e. Makati).

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    With regards to jeepney drivers, their nasty habit of turning off the headlights at night. So dangerous to motorists and pedestrians especially raining at night

In addition to watch your car boys, those tambays directing traffic at intersections on secondary roads and asking for coins from motorists in return. This task should be handled by local traffic enforcers.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Re: village stickers ... Laminate them and place them on the dash of the car you're using for the day. That's what I do, no use buying a bunch of stickers for the cars you're not using all at the same time.

Plus the village guards relish it when you break their "wee-hour" monotony by handing them a box of instant 3-1 coffee and some smokes. Sigurado kahit walang sticker ang kotse mo, pag ikaw nakita .. pasok ka, may hand salute pa!

Re: conterflow drivers ... what I really like to do is drive up to them head-on, until my front end is just inches away. So they cannot turn and block right of way traffic. As they reverse, I also inch forward .. until such that they near the end of the traffic line, that's the time I let-up. I am more pleased when the commotion gets the attention of the buwaya traffic enforcers, sigurado huli lahat na nag counterflow.
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; July 31st, 2012 at 12:53 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Add ko na rin:

- Yung mga pedestrian na kung tumawid eh akala mo naglalakad sa ilalim ng buwan. Take note! While the pedestrian "stoplight" is red! Tapos kapag binusinahan mo kasi green yung ilaw for the cars, sila pa etong may ganang magalit.
    There's an elementary school (public school) that i pass almost every morning and the students disregard the traffic signs when crossing. Basta tatawid, tatawid and they really cause traffic since the stoplights on the road are synchronized. Ang bababata pa and yet, so oblivious to basic rules already. I actually want to drop by that school once and let that be known to the principal.

Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Re: village stickers ... Laminate them and place them on the dash of the car you're using for the day. That's what I do, no use buying a bunch of stickers for the cars you're not using all at the same time.

Plus the village guards relish it when you break their "wee-hour" monotony by handing them a box of instant 3-1 coffee and some smokes. Sigurado kahit walang sticker ang kotse mo, pag ikaw nakita .. pasok ka, may hand salute pa!
    Unfortunately in villages and schools, they've wised up to the lamination practice. All cars are required to be physically present in the village office for stickers to be personally placed on by the village people (with plate number printed on).

And yes, it pays to be friendly to the village guards and give them with small tokens from time to time.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post

Unfortunately in villages and schools, they've wised up to the lamination practice. All cars are required to be physically present in the village office for stickers to be personally placed on by the village people (with plate number printed on).

And yes, it pays to be friendly to the village guards and give them with small tokens from time to time.
    This, hinde pwede I laminate Ang village stickers dahil tao mismo ng association maginstall Kung para Saan mo kotse binili.

Pag meron party Sa bahay tumtawag Ako Sa guard house at nagpapapuntz ng guarc para bigyan sila ng food. Para hinde na rin ma hassle mga visitors pag pasok
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    This applies in most cases where i have prick neighbors who refuse to cough up 1K for their car stickers. Most villages have a tiered system for stickers where as you buy more, the sticker price goes up (usually after the 3rd sticker).

In the case of James Deakin, if you follow his Counterflow column, his case is beyond the norm as he has a different test vehicle every week so he can't get a sticker for those cars and yet, he has to use it everyday and it can be quite a hassle in some villages where going to the visitors gate can mean another 20-30mins of travel time (i.e. Makati).
    Tama ka naman diyan bro,- sa kaso ni James Deakin.... So,- naiuuwi nila ang test vehicle, huh?.... Cool!

Here's a better scheme for village stickers.... You don't pay for your village stickers, if your garage can accommodate them.

So, if you have a 5-car garage,- and you have 7 vehicles, then you pay for the village stickers for only 2 vehicles (the vilage stickers for the first 5 vehicles are free since they can be parked in your garage), and you get to park your 2 other vehicles in designated slots only. However, this is the twist,- if the roving guard found out that your vehicle is parked outside, and you still have a slot vacant in your garage,- he can take a picture of your vehicle parked in the street, and the open slot in your garage and you get fined,- real hard... How about that?

16.5K:weathermanf3:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yun Sa village ng friend ko Sa QC, bawal magpark ng overnight sa street, umiikot yun guard then binibigyan ng ticket... may bayad overnight parking Sa street

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Yun Sa village ng friend ko Sa QC, bawal magpark ng overnight sa street, umiikot yun guard then binibigyan ng ticket... may bayad overnight parking Sa street

Ganyan din sa village namin, with the exception of the street i live in. Kaya makikita mo yung iba, naka park na sa garden ang kotse nila (at least ginagawan ng paraan).

Yung iba naman, they can afford to own and maintain 5-7 vehicles yet they still complain about having to pay for the additional stickers, or they don't get stickers at all (every other year lang kung magpalit).

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Ganyan din sa village namin, with the exception of the street i live in. Kaya makikita mo yung iba, naka park na sa garden ang kotse nila (at least ginagawan ng paraan).

Yung iba naman, they can afford to own and maintain 5-7 vehicles yet they still complain about having to pay for the additional stickers, or they don't get stickers at all (every other year lang kung magpalit).
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post

Iyan naman ang tama, mga bros... At least, malinis ang kalye ninyo.

Sa village namin,- 2 car garage lang ang karamihan e ang lalaki naman ng mga lote... Pero naman, 4-5 vehicles ang average na dami ng sasakyan per house... Kaya halos lahat,- nakaparada sa labas... Kaya slalom ka sa gabi....

Mabuti na lang ang iba at ginagamit na parking ang mga mga vacant lots....

Sorry, OT na....

16.5K:weathermanf3:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast