New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    As i recall, the Flores guy was believed that he lived near our place but we never knew anybody who have Flores as their last name (just in case there are still descendants living our area)

and as for that armando malite? i thought it was just a joke?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Nung nalaman ko na hindi si Flores ang nagimbento ng ploresent lamp, hindi ako nalungkot. Feeling ko tinraydor ako ng media at ng sistema ng edukasyon. Andyan sila para magsabi ng totoo, diba? Kung kelangan ko ng fairytale story, andyan naman si nanay at ang mga children's books.

Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    As i recall, the Flores guy was believed that he lived near our place but we never knew anybody who have Flores as their last name (just in case there are still descendants living our area)
    Don't bother looking for evidence on the existence of Flores. GE and other big evil capitalists have already bought the rights to the evidence, you won't find them here. Only them and God know the truth.
    Last edited by Alpha_One; July 14th, 2007 at 10:55 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    good thing i skipped out on rotc. hey at least we invented the yo-yo! loop the loop! hehehe

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    Nung nalaman ko na hindi si Flores ang nagimbento ng ploresent lamp, hindi ako nalungkot. Feeling ko tinraydor ako ng media at ng sistema ng edukasyon. Andyan sila para magsabi ng totoo, diba? Kung kelangan ko ng fairytale story, andyan naman si nanay at ang mga children's books.
    same sentiments here..... feeling ko niloloko na lang tayo ng media.... kaya nga hanggang ngayon di pa rin ako makapaniwala na may nakarating sa tuktok ng mt. everest eh.... i mean masyado limited resources nung mga climbers and mt. everest is not like mt. apo or any mountains here... anyway feeling ko lang naman yun.... but on the positive side, these things uplifts our spirits....

until we discover the truth....

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    Don't bother looking for evidence on the existence of Flores. GE and other big evil capitalists have already bought the rights to the evidence, you won't find them here. Only them and God know the truth.
    nagbabakasakali lang naman. hehehehe! baka makakuha ng first hand scoop from the man himself!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    For all we know these stories were just concocted by some propagandista during the Marcos era to champion the Filipino hero.

Even that story about Romulo saying "I want that dot" is not in any of the UN transcripts.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    Even that story about Romulo saying "I want that dot" is not in any of the UN transcripts.
    Could you enlighten me on this, it seems that i havent heard this before.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by laklak View Post
    Could you enlighten me on this, it seems that i havent heard this before.
    If you look at the UN flag, there's a dot on the map of the globe where the Philippines would be. Legend has it that the Romulo asked where the bloody hell the Philippines was. The flag designer(s) answered that they didn't put it in because it was as small as a dot (wala namang hi-res printing or HDTV nun ). Romulo, it is said, insisted that he "it's an important dot and he wants it" or something.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Sa pagkakaalam ko, si Dado Banatao ang may-ari ng narra venture capital. siya rin yung may ari dati ng S3 graphics. Nag talk yung isang rep nila sa amin sa school about venture capitalism.

Daming errors dun sa napost na site.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Sites like that underscore my point with all these invented inventors. Mainstream media feeds us with so much half-truths, it's hard to distinguish them from whole lies. It's hardly "Pinoy Pride" when Dingel gets glorified by the media, then all of a sudden the "water powered car" comes around and you smell petrol exhaust. Any criticisms or skepticisms of these pop culture anecdotes will bring up all sorts of excuses such as "lack of government support", "unwilling to sell out to greedy capitalists" and "colonial mentality".

I mean, if you were a financially challenged inventor, would you a) keep the invention to yourself because you're "not a sellout", b) wait for nonexistent support on a radical new discovery or c) hand over your ideas to someone who can mass-produce and mass-market it or d) take a lot of personal risk by attempting to sell the idea to everyone.

Many inventors try c) first. When nobody takes them seriously, they do d). Inventors want their ideas to be in widespread application. Quacks like Dingel come up with excuses like "it's for the people". Sitting on a theory because you don't have the resources to put it in practice is counter-productive and anti-innovative, and are unlikely to be done by actual innovators.

Think about it. If the Dingel water car really worked, every car would be water powered by now, and as a result "the people" will have benefited directly and immensely. If the Khaos was a really good idea, every car would have it attached, and whatshisname would be rich by now. But I digress.
    Last edited by Alpha_One; July 14th, 2007 at 12:55 PM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    An inventor or two wont make a country great.

A world champ boxer or two wont make a country great.

An olympic medalist or two wont make a country great

The economic output of it's people and companies make a country great.

-----------------------------------------------------------

OFWS sent home around $10B in 2005. This year it is expected to be around $12B

Here's a list of the most profitable companies in the US (2006):
    http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...anies/profits/

Microsoft made $12B in profits in 2005. That's more than all the OFWs sent to the Phils in 2005. That's just 1 company and its not even the most profitable.

I know we pinoys are a proud people. But let's be realistic here. Maliit lang tayo on the world stage.

We may have Manny Pacquio to make us proud for being pinoy... ummm... tapos? After the excitement dies down.... ano na? Time to do some accounting...

Manny Pacquiao made X amount of money... ano effect nyan sa GDP ng Pinas?

Kung sana all OFWs make as much money as Pacquiao every year, year after year... ibang usapan na yan...
    Last edited by uls; July 14th, 2007 at 12:49 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Its a sad day for me