New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: which has the best international roaming service?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Smart prepaid

2 50.00%
  • Globe prepaid

2 50.00%
  • Sun Cellular prepaid

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PREPAID.

ano pinakamaganda at value for money?? to be specific..dadalhin ko sa canada...more on text and some calls (kung pwede sa provider)

thanks!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    globe ako... reception ng smart panget compared to globe. lalo na pag in-building, super choppy.

kung di lang ako under contract sa smart, lilipat ako ng globe.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I am a SMART int'l. roamer. I haven't tried using GLOBE yet. So far okay naman Samart.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i also use smart...tanong lang ako baka mas maganda deal sa ibang networks.

im using smart para ma contact ako...i use naman rogers to reply to people here in the phil...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i use smart here in uk, no problem except loads of text spams from smart. :swear: i use chikka's free text service to reply to most of the philippine mobile phones.
    Last edited by explorer; March 8th, 2006 at 05:36 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    glenn,

whats rogers? para ba chikka o telco sa canada?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Galing po sa gadgets.ph:

Posted by the_wildthing:

I have one Smart Prepaid and one Globe Prepaid. I have both on roaming. Both receive incoming text for free (as long as there's a Cingular or T-Mobile signal). Both costs 25 pesos to send text. I have used Globe once to make calls, but I hear that Smart has offered the service just lately.

Turning roaming on with SMART is easier as you just have to send text. With Globe you have to go to the business center the first time to register it, and they will ask for an ID.

Reloading is free with Globe, you just have to punch in a service request (*123*card+pin+#). Reloading with SMART costs 25 pesos too as you have to text in the number. So if you're out of load, you're dead! You have to ask for pasa-load from the folks back home. I guess there is a website that allows you to do that but I have not tried it.

Balance check is also free with Globe, up to 8 times a day I think. Again just send a service request (*122#). Smart balance inquiry costs 25 pesos too because you have to text message to a specified number, 1515 I think.

Once roaming, if I'm not mistaken, Smart still continues to receive text even if your balance is 0, but I don't know for how long. For Globe, I'm not sure either but based on their flyer it says you have to have at least 80 pesos to continue to have roaming.

For Smart, the roaming service remains on indefinitely as long as you have load I guess. For Globe, you have to specify an end date in your request.

Now my disclaimer: the above is based solely on my own observation and I could be wrong. But I hope that this post will help forumers decide in case they wish to use either provider's pre-paid SIMs for roaming.
    http://www.gadgets.ph/tech/showthread.php?t=722

But the last time I used it was November 05, and I am in the US. A friend of mine is using Smart in Vancouver, I think.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter
    i also use smart...tanong lang ako baka mas maganda deal sa ibang networks.

im using smart para ma contact ako...i use naman rogers to reply to people here in the phil...
    ganyan din ang technique namin nina daddy. naka roaming sya sa smart, dun ako nagteteks kasi piso lang ang kaltas sa kin. pero ang reply nya is via saudi telco...kasi mas mura naman sa kanya un. hhihhi...ayaw namin sa globe kasi hindi sya reliable sa saudi minsan hindi narereceive ni daddy mga text ko. kung reliable lang ang globe, yun ang gagamitin namin.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    globe yung gamit ko pag international roaming. so far, wala naman problema.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Sir taga Vancouver ako pero naka roaming ako sa Smart para tipid sa mga ka text ko. Palagay ko mas ok ito kesa sa Globe kasi ang alam ko kailangan may minimum na load ka para magamit ang roaming service nito di kagaya ng Smart kahit wala ka ng load nakakatanggap ka pa rin ng text basta kailangan mo lang mag reload within either 3 or 6 months para ndi mag expire sim mo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
international roaming service