New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006

sino na nakapanood nito? ang galing nag pagkakapresent ni Al Gore. Mejo related kasi sa alternative energy project namin. meron na sa B!t-TwoRent

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kaya nga ang taas ng polution sa kanila eh

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    synopsis pls.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Wiki = ++++

:fly:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    OT: If that's supposed to be a typhoon or hurricane, it must be on the southern half of the equator like.... near Australia. Those that hit the Philippines have a counter-clockwise turn...... Yeah, I know. I'm bored....

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    OT: If that's supposed to be a typhoon or hurricane, it must be on the southern half of the equator like.... near Australia. Those that hit the Philippines have a counter-clockwise turn...... Yeah, I know. I'm bored....
    Ayos Jun aka Pekto,- thanks for sharing. Akala ko iyon lang pag-ikot ng tubig sa drain ang ganito,- pati pala typhoons.....

:starwars:

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Ayos Jun aka Pekto,- thanks for sharing. Akala ko iyon lang pag-ikot ng tubig sa drain ang ganito,- pati pala typhoons.....

Well, water is a fluid as is air. Both are influenced by the Earth's rotation (Coriolis Effect). Movement of fluids in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres mirror each other. Counterclockwise north of the Equator and clockwise south.

Meh. This is even more boring..... Back to more ST:TNG.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Actually, walang kinalaman pwesto mo sa mundo sa ikot ng tubig sa drain. Myth lang yun, and it has all to do with the design and orientation of the sink/toilet/bathtub/etc.

The Coroilis effect only affect the "big" things (typhoons, tornados, sea currents, etc.).
    Last edited by Alpha_One; November 25th, 2006 at 09:40 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One View Post
    Actually, walang kinalaman pwesto mo sa mundo sa ikot ng tubig sa drain. Myth lang yun, and it has all to do with the design and orientation of the sink/toilet/bathtub/etc.

The Coroilis effect only affect the "big" things (typhoons, tornados, sea currents, etc.).
    That's partially true especially with a toilet. But, when you let water drain from a directionally neutral source like a sink or a tub which drains via gravity, the Coriolis Effect does apply. A friend from Ecuador verified it for me several years ago when I was really curious about it.

Add: Actually back then, I was wondering how water drained at the Equator.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; November 25th, 2006 at 10:07 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I will gladly trade in all my cars for a Tesla Roadster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
An Inconvenient Truth