3 33.33%
  • Israel

3 33.33%
  • Others

2 22.22%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Which is a better gun maker? Russia or the United States?

My friend and I were talking about guns and he told me that the United states has a rich history in gun making. There are a lot of breakthroughs in gun making that were American. However, it is widely regarded, though debatable, that it was the Kalashnikov that won the Vietnam for the communists. So basically, it was Russia's AK47 vs USA's M16. Is this a case of one gun to rule them all or was the AK47 just a fluke?

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    AK47 is one of the best guns ever made IMO
    it can survive different weather conditions(while other are stuck, the AK47 can still fire under harsh weather conditions)..
    that's why it's very popular around the world as a weapon of choice.(terrorists/druglords/lord of war <-warlord etc..)

The ak47/kalashnikov inventor is a national hero in RUSSIA if I'm not mistaken
    Last edited by xninjax; June 9th, 2014 at 03:32 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ^AK47 is such a bad ass gun

Kaya pala pati mga terrorist sa Counter Strike AK47 gamit. lol.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Which is a better gun maker? Russia or the United States?

My friend and I were talking about guns and he told me that the United states has a rich history in gun making. There are a lot of breakthroughs in gun making that were American. However, it is widely regarded, though debatable, that it was the Kalashnikov that won the Vietnam for the communists. So basically, it was Russia's AK47 vs USA's M16. Is this a case of one gun to rule them all or was the AK47 just a fluke?

well they have different design philosophies so you really can't say that russia makes better guns than the americans. i.e. the design goals for ak47 is different from the M16's. but i'm pretty sure the russians would not have phucked-up the M16 program like the americans did back in vietnam war hahaha. remember it's russian rockets that are now taking american astronauts to the ISS...

if i had a choice between ak47 or m16, i'd take the russian weapon

same thing if i had to choose between a makarov pistol or an american 1911

my username kinda gives it away already hahahaha

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Talo sa paltik mga yan.......

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    AK47 is for stopping power while the M16 is for accuracy.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Dunno if it's the best, but the AK-47 is definitely a tough, rugged gun. i saw a docu once where they showed how one of the components(the hammer?) had a lot of play, so it's more forgiving when dust/water/rocks get into the chamber. Dunno if it's accurate though, i saw an episode of Lock n Loaded where the host was shooting an AK-47 in slow-mo: you can see the barrel wiggle after the bullet flies out -- not a gun expert but that can't be good.

As to the best gunmaker, i'd say the US, specifically John Moses Browning -- invented nearly all machine guns used by the US in the early 1900's. His M2, produced in 1933, is still being used today. He also made a lot of shotguns, including an automatic one

The poster sites the History Channel as the source of info

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    ^ this

For me (average Fil height) masyado mabigat ang AK. Modern M4/M16 variants are lightweight. So mas madali silang ishoot. Yung AK kasi para akong binugbog >_<

9. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I will choose the AK47 anytime plus rather than the M16 which results sometime
    in jam during firefight.
    actually there are upgraded versions
    of the AK47 called the AKM then followed by tha AK74
    developed by Mikhail Kalashnikov

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    :police::police::police:

PHILIPPINES!..DA BEST HOME MADE PALTIK MAKERS!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast