New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    A few months ago, I was faced with a dilemma. I bought a new car late Oct of 2013. After the whole plate fiasco, I received my plate a little over a year after buying my car. Unfortunately, due to unlucky circumstances, my old 2003 civic and my 2013 mazda has the same coding day. During the LTO fiasco, you cannot choose your coding day (originally I did request to get any end number except 3 and 4) and I was out of the country. It was still ok as I had work flexibility until I got a new work in Makati.

I am contemplating of selling my 2003 civic and buy a second coding car. My 2013 mazda is still my primary car but I could either buy an economical car like vios, a 2nd hand executive car, a project car or something fun to drive. I prefer something 3 years or older so that I dont really have to worry about warranties and I still have a relatively new car but I don't want to buy anything older than 10 years as I don't want another headache waiting to happen. Plus, I dont want to spend my weekend getting the second car fixed. Initially, I wanted to buy a BMW but I am scared of the maintenance cost.

So, if you have 800k to spare, what would you buy?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Since you already have a sedan. May i suggest a pick up for those times when you need the bed for carrying bulky stuff and the height for floods? Or a Cuv?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If I was to replace my 2006 Sonata with a used sedan below $20k, I'd get this. I'll bet I can get a discount to bring it down to the equivalent of P880k:
    car-max.jpg

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    If I was to replace my 2006 Sonata with a used sedan below $20k, I'd get this. I'll bet I can get a discount to bring it down to the equivalent of P880k:
    car-max.jpg
    40mpg sarap nyan hahaha.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Tucson CRDi or Sportage CRDi. 2011-2012 models should be under 800k.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by RandMcnally View Post
    A few months ago, I was faced with a dilemma. I bought a new car late Oct of 2013. After the whole plate fiasco, I received my plate a little over a year after buying my car. Unfortunately, due to unlucky circumstances, my old 2003 civic and my 2013 mazda has the same coding day. During the LTO fiasco, you cannot choose your coding day (originally I did request to get any end number except 3 and 4) and I was out of the country. It was still ok as I had work flexibility until I got a new work in Makati.

I am contemplating of selling my 2003 civic and buy a second coding car. My 2013 mazda is still my primary car but I could either buy an economical car like vios, a 2nd hand executive car, a project car or something fun to drive. I prefer something 3 years or older so that I dont really have to worry about warranties and I still have a relatively new car but I don't want to buy anything older than 10 years as I don't want another headache waiting to happen. Plus, I dont want to spend my weekend getting the second car fixed. Initially, I wanted to buy a BMW but I am scared of the maintenance cost.

So, if you have 800k to spare, what would you buy?
    A second hand 4x4 pick-up (Hilux, Strada, Dmax, Navarra). Since there's a sedan for comfort, get a second vehicle that will give you utility.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    BN Jazz, Yaris or Vios E.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    A second hand 4x4 pick-up (Hilux, Strada, Dmax, Navarra). Since there's a sedan for comfort, get a second vehicle that will give you utility.
    i would also agree to this route....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    i would also agree to this route....

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    He wants something fun to drive so pickup isn't something he'd want. Maybe you'd want a used Suzuki Jimny or a Swift.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Sorry forgot to mention, my mazda is a cx-5 si not necessarily a sedan though while it is comfortable, I am also looking for a sedan to replace it. I would sell my civic though.

Not really interested in brand new since I do not want to maintain it in casa. This is just a coding alternative and possibly a weekender.

A pickup sounds nice though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast