New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,313
    #1
    I was at the Manila Auto Salon 2008 in the afternoon of the opening day (Thursday - November 20).

    After entering, a lady approached and requested me to fill out a coupon. I did but forgot what it was.
    --------

    I just received a call informing me that I won a hotel accommodation (Crown Regency Hotel in Cebu or Davao) from one of the event's sponsors. I was about to cut the caller short when she mentioned the coupon I filled out at the Manila Auto Salon. So, I let her continue talking and I just listened.

    I just wanted to know if some of the Tsikoteers won too and received the same call or announced their names at the venue. There are 50 winners.

    I'm still thinking If I'd redeem my prize. I'm required to redeem it this afternoon.



    :eat: [SIZE="1"]3837[/SIZE]
    Last edited by j_avonni; December 1st, 2008 at 12:55 PM.

  2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    21,347
    #2
    ^^^ Congrats Bro!

    Pero mukahng malayo ah..... Cebu or Davao? Sana sa Manila branch na lang nila.

  3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,313
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    ^^^ Congrats Bro!

    Pero mukahng malayo ah..... Cebu or Davao? Sana sa Manila branch na lang nila.

    Thanks. Malayo nga eh. That's good for 4. Cebu fare say at 5K/pax, means I'd be spending about 20K for the fare alone.

    I'm not yet sure if I would claim it.

    Anyway, we'll go to Trinoma now. Pag sinipag ako daanan ko na rin sa office nila sa West Avenue.

    Meron na bang naka-experience sa inyo ng ganitong promo before?


    :yawn: [SIZE="1"]3838[/SIZE]
    Last edited by j_avonni; December 1st, 2008 at 02:21 PM.

  4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,343
    #4
    aywan ko lang kung pareho tayo.

    kasi nga minsan i received a call na i won daw a free trip to boracay for two with free accomm sa penelope resort hotel.

    then nag imbistiga ako kung papaano ako nanalo at papaano nila nakuha tel ko.

    sabi eh nag fill-up daw ako ng coupon at yun nga ang result. -nanalo ako.

    the thing is, or the bottom line ay, you'll be offered to buy a time share.

    negosyo lang bro. mga pang "come on" lang para makakuha ng attention.
    Last edited by dbuzz; December 3rd, 2008 at 04:51 PM.

  5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,313
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post
    aywan ko lang kung pareho tayo.

    kasi nga minsan i received a call na i won daw a free trip to boracay for two with free accomm sa penelope resort hotel.

    then nag imbistiga ako kung papaano ako nanalo at papaano nila nakuha tel ko.

    sabi eh nag fill-up daw ako ng coupon at yun nga ang result. -nanalo ako.

    the thing is, or the bottom line ay, you'll be offered to buy a time share.

    negosyo lang bro. mga pang "come on" lang para makakuha ng attention.
    Etong napanalunan ko kuno ay free hotel accommodation for 4.

    Sa umpisa pa lang, duda na ako. At nabanggit din na aatend pa kami (with wife) ng seminar. I think they won't give something for free without getting something in return.

    Pangalawa, kahit na totoo ito, I would spend thousands of pesos just to avail it for the fare for four to Cebu or Davao. At may option pa na hotel nila abroad ang gamitin. I'm not really interested.

    Then, panay ang tawag kung makakarating ako. When I said no, I was told I can go to their office in Makati the day after instead.

    I already ignored it.

    Thanks for the replies.


    :yawn: [SIZE="1"]3844[/SIZE]

  6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,743
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    I was at the Manila Auto Salon 2008 in the afternoon of the opening day (Thursday - November 20).

    After entering, a lady approached and requested me to fill out a coupon. I did but forgot what it was.
    --------

    I just received a call informing me that I won a hotel accommodation (Crown Regency Hotel in Cebu or Davao) from one of the event's sponsors. I was about to cut the caller short when she mentioned the coupon I filled out at the Manila Auto Salon. So, I let her continue talking and I just listened.

    I just wanted to know if some of the Tsikoteers won too and received the same call or announced their names at the venue. There are 50 winners.

    I'm still thinking If I'd redeem my prize. I'm required to redeem it this afternoon.



    :eat: [SIZE="1"]3837[/SIZE]
    sa transportshow nanalo din ako dati. sa days hotel naman daw sa tagaytay. binusisi ko maige. ayun! pumiyok yung caller. attend lang daw ako seminar sa lupa. tapos may ibebenta sakin. pag binili ko makukuha ko yung free. :hihihi:

  7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,542
    #7
    Congrats to all of us...

    Ako din nanalo ng accomodations at Days Hotel at any location I prefer...coz they picked my name sa raffle entry I wrote at MAS.

    Talagang masugid yung caller, even called me via my mobile and doing the talkies...galing ng strategy!

    Then in the end, I popped the question..."Okay am interested, what's the catch???"

    Ayun, paulit-ulit na marketing pambobola ang sagot...

    These days, nothing is FREE!

  8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,313
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by vhenok View Post
    Congrats to all of us...

    These days, nothing is FREE!
    Meron pa naman. Just be clever para hindi maloko.


    :yawn: [SIZE="1"]3853[/SIZE]

  9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,343
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Meron pa naman. Just be clever para hindi maloko.


    :yawn: [SIZE=1]3853[/SIZE]
    yap meron din kasi lately ito nangyari. nasa metro mall kami ni better half at sabi nya teka tumawag sa akin ang shop na yan ah at nanalo daw ako ng isang 25inch flat screen tv. sabi ko ok go for it dito lang ako sa labas.

    then after mga about 15 minutes umalis na kami at pinakita sa akin yung free gift nya -isang door alarm!!! sabi ko, asan na yung sinasabi nilang tv? sagot nya -kailangan daw bumili ng item/s (grabe mahal 120k yung isang item) to qualify..kakahilo daw ang mga pag convince to buy items nila.. papalitpalit sila.... typical!!! as expected...hehehe...

    anyway , we had a free door alarm seguro worth 100 petot yun hehehee. plus firsthand knowledge on the issue. not bad.

  10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,313
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post
    yap meron din kasi lately ito nangyari. nasa metro mall kami ni better half at sabi nya teka tumawag sa akin ang shop na yan ah at nanalo daw ako ng isang 25inch flat screen tv. sabi ko ok go for it dito lang ako sa labas.

    then after mga about 15 minutes umalis na kami at pinakita sa akin yung free gift nya -isang door alarm!!! sabi ko, asan na yung sinasabi nilang tv? sagot nya -kailangan daw bumili ng item/s (grabe mahal 120k yung isang item) to qualify..kakahilo daw ang mga pag convince to buy items nila.. papalitpalit sila.... typical!!! as expected...hehehe...

    anyway , we had a free door alarm seguro worth 100 petot yun hehehee. plus firsthand knowledge on the issue. not bad.

    Congrats sa free door alarm!


    :coffee: [SIZE="1"]3861[/SIZE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
I win at the Manila Auto Salon 2008