New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: With P250,000 to buy a carm which option would you choose?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 year old 2nd hand japanese car

13 72.22%
  • new (imported) chinese or india brand car

1 5.56%
  • new pinoy brand car

2 11.11%
  • none of the above

2 11.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    jdm r34 skyline sedan GT

or 1998+ delica space gear 4wd super exceed
    I don't think an R34 fits within the budget.

Kung Cefiro-body... kasya pa.

-----

This depends. If I already have a daily car, I would consider a micro-car... Pinoy car... would depend on what engine was inside. If it were, say, a Suzuki engine, I'd think about it.

Secondhand, within the 250 budget, I don't even have to settle for Japanese. Five year old Ford Lynxes fit... and those are Japanese engines, anyway. (Mazda). And with that I get dual airbags, a strong crash structure and chassis, a sunroof, CD changer, sophisticated suspension tuning and leather. Also not difficult to maintain or too bad on fuel, as long as you buy a manual. Seven year old Sentra 1.3s might actually come within the budget, also.

There are cheap Chinese cars that only cost around 150k pesos in China... and would only cost about 200k-240k pesos if sold locally. Motorcycle engine, so they're actually fuel efficient. The only problem is locals won't buy them. (the start-up that tried failed) Crash safety of a tricycle, and you can't even jump out of one in a crash (you can jump out of a trike), and there's no AC or creature comforts beyond a blower and a cruddy Chinese stereo.

And our government won't register them for the road. Can't decide whether they're motorbikes or cars. :hysterical:
    Last edited by niky; June 21st, 2010 at 10:50 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Uh, 2nd hand japanese cars nalang.

China cars, hell no. Scary eh.

Pinoy made vehicles, mas lalong hell no. Baka pag 120kph takbo ko, kumalas na yung gulong. :hysterical: -, well ... that's if kung aabot pa ako ng 120kph. hehehe

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If I was there, none of the above. I'd put the money in the bank and commute.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i'd buy an old japanese car rather than a new indian, chinese, or locally-made car.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    250K.. hmmm yung 1996-1999 Mitsubishi Lancer GLXi. Kung pasok yung 2000-2001 MX, mas okay

Basta Top of the Line.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ironically I have to disagree SG. Of all the Japanese cars iwas ka talaga dyan sa pizza pie Lancer. Suspension is crap! We used to owned one, good riddance! I rather have a Lovelife Corolla!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    gusto ko talaga mag-design ng sarili kong pinoy car. target ko magkaroon ng toy owner-type.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OyiL View Post
    gusto ko talaga mag-design ng sarili kong pinoy car. target ko magkaroon ng toy owner-type.
    Ironic to another discussion, such an OTJ would require so-called "junk" or surplus engines and stuff to build.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    alam ko iyon, tidus

Meron ganyan yung friend ko, nung bago ayos talaga.. Tapos ngayon, kalampag dito, kalampag doon. Pag pinaayos, ilang months lang ganun ulit. Haha.. Pero ewan ko bakit type ko yun pizza pie

Yung Lovelife naman.. Ok ako dyan, basta 1.8SE.G o kaya Euro 2.
    Last edited by Starex_Gold; June 22nd, 2010 at 01:40 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Ironic to another discussion, such an OTJ would require so-called "junk" or surplus engines and stuff to build.
    kala ko poll lang ito? bakit nang-aapi ka pa? e type ko yung toy-jeep e. parang ayaw mo ko bumoto ng toy-jeep.

katunayan nga, nag-assemble na ako ng virtual toy-jeep ko.
    http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...02&prevstart=0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hypothetical question: which car would you choose for P250K?