New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    good morning tsikoters, if you happen know this or perhaps if you have connection in LTO im asking for your inputs about this

im about to buy a second hand car,everything is all set, the problem is this car is open deed and the seller doesnt have a copy of TIN ID or TIN NUMBER of the original owner. my friend told me i might have a hard time transfering the car in my name since theres no tin on the deed of sale.

so if they are unable to locate the first owner anymore to get the
    TIN NUMBER is there any way on registering this car to my name then?

the open deed was dated since 2007,during that time LTO was not requiring TIN NUMBERS of vendee and buyer on deed of sale, so theres my dillema
    Any inputs will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    i don't think you need a tin to sell or buy a used car....

brand new nga, agents will 'forget' to ask for the tin at times, used pa kaya...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro.,- we sold a couple of our rides earlier this year. I do not remember putting our TINs in the Deeds Of Sale... Only our CTCs, as this is required for the document to be notarized...

Open Deed Of Sale?... Whew! I am not comfortable as I personally would like to meet the owner and preferable know where he/she lives, and shake hands with him/her.....

9808:goodluck:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sekaj25 View Post
    good morning tsikoters, if you happen know this or perhaps if you have connection in LTO im asking for your inputs about this

im about to buy a second hand car,everything is all set, the problem is this car is open deed and the seller doesnt have a copy of TIN ID or TIN NUMBER of the original owner. my friend told me i might have a hard time transfering the car in my name since theres no tin on the deed of sale.

so if they are unable to locate the first owner anymore to get the
    TIN NUMBER is there any way on registering this car to my name then?

the open deed was dated since 2007,during that time LTO was not requiring TIN NUMBERS of vendee and buyer on deed of sale, so theres my dillema
    Any inputs will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    I can help. Email me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bro.,- we sold a couple of our rides earlier this year. I do not remember putting our TINs in the Deeds Of Sale... Only our CTCs, as this is required for the document to be notarized...

Open Deed Of Sale?... Whew! I am not comfortable as I personally would like to meet the owner and preferable know where he/she lives, and shake hands with him/her.....

9808:goodluck:
    ano yung CTC sir? Wala kasi ako Tin number or SSS so makakabili pa din ba ako 2nd hand cars kahit wala ako nun?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    CTC = Community Tax Certificate. You can get that at City Hall.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    AFAIK, theres no need for TIN number. just the CTC for notarize and photocopy of the seller ID.

How To Transfer a Car Deed of Sale to my Name without TIN NUMBER of vendee?