New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Hi to all,

if theres anyone who could help me in putting password on my Cnet wireless router... btw i got the unit from my brother unfortunately he lost the manual kaya hindi ko malagyan ng password at lahat ng kapitbahay namin nakaka-access sa internet ko. i tried to search it from the internet but due to limited time hindi ko pa nakikita. TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Esnie.com View Post
    Hi to all,

if theres anyone who could help me in putting password on my Cnet wireless router... btw i got the unit from my brother unfortunately he lost the manual kaya hindi ko malagyan ng password at lahat ng kapitbahay namin nakaka-access sa internet ko. i tried to search it from the internet but due to limited time hindi ko pa nakikita. TIA
    You just have to look for the "wireless - settings" option in your router (or similar).

Security type - WEP (can be others but this is good enough for most purposes)
    Key type - 64bit (more is better but you will have a longer WEP key to remember)
    WEP Key - type in anything you like including letters & numbers like "abcdef1234"

Save the settings. Also make sure the router's administrator password has been changed to something you can remember and NOT set to use "admin" and "password" as login & password.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Hi ghosthunter, Thank you very much.

more power

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Esnie.com View Post
    Hi to all,

Here's the link to the user's manual, you just have to type-in your product.

http://www.cnetusa.com/newwebsite/te.../userguide.htm

BTW, if you want to get rid with your neighbours hooking on your signal, meantime have your modem plugged directly on your pc while your router's security is yet to be configured. Hope this helps.

How to put password on my wireless network