New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For the past few years, dami nagaalok ng mga insurance/investments sa amin. Dati, nung hindi pa masyadong marami ang mga products ng mga insurance/investment companies, a simple reply of "meron na ako" would already be enough. But now, ang isasagot nila is "may bago kaming product, mas maganda ito", or "iba itong proposal ko, hindi katulad nung sayo", and lately ganito na ang sinasabi nila: "i just want to sit down and talk with you, you don't have to get/buy something from me."

Syempre pag pumayag kang makipagusap, which would take hours sa dose-dosenang presentations na ipapakita at ie-explain, parang nakakahiya namang wala kang kukunin sa mga proposals nila. Pag sinagot mong "I'll think about it", or "Pag-aaralan kong mabuti", hindi ka naman tatantanan sa pag followup nila either through text or calls or emails.

So how do you politely turn them down?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I just tell that i'm currently paying for a number of policies, and simply can't afford a new one. That way, they don't feel like I'm not interested (I bought a couple of policies!), yet they know they won't get a sale.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Just tell them from the very beginning (even before they start showing you their brochures, quotes, etc.) that you're not interested.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Bomber View Post
    Just tell them from the very beginning (even before they start showing you their brochures, quotes, etc.) that you're not interested.
    I agree. Sa umpisa pa lang tell them you're not interested and will never be.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    For the past few years, dami nagaalok ng mga insurance/investments sa amin. Dati, nung hindi pa masyadong marami ang mga products ng mga insurance/investment companies, a simple reply of "meron na ako" would already be enough. But now, ang isasagot nila is "may bago kaming product, mas maganda ito", or "iba itong proposal ko, hindi katulad nung sayo", and lately ganito na ang sinasabi nila: "i just want to sit down and talk with you, you don't have to get/buy something from me."

Syempre pag pumayag kang makipagusap, which would take hours sa dose-dosenang presentations na ipapakita at ie-explain, parang nakakahiya namang wala kang kukunin sa mga proposals nila. Pag sinagot mong "I'll think about it", or "Pag-aaralan kong mabuti", hindi ka naman tatantanan sa pag followup nila either through text or calls or emails.

So how do you politely turn them down?

Siguro mutual fund ang ino-offer sayo

you have to let those agents know that you know more than them

kala kasi ng mga agents walang alam ang mga tao about mutual funds kaya explain to death sila... which takes a lot of time

to discourage them, tell them you already invest in stocks and bonds by yourself

tell them you have been investing for years

and tell them you would rather be in control of your investments rather than let some fund manager make your investment decisions for you
    Last edited by uls; May 7th, 2009 at 04:51 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Bomber View Post
    I agree. Sa umpisa pa lang tell them you're not interested and will never be.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ako simply: i have so much obligations pa eh and also sakto lang rin income for that kaya kahit gustuhin ko wala rin ako panghulog tsaka na lang siguro. kaya wala ako/kaming pre-need and any insurance. yun nga lang mahirap paniwalaan si boss boybi sa ganyang style ng mga kakilala niya. kaya medyo hirap sa line na "not interested period".

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    NOT INTERESTED is NOT INTERESTED.

I always tell them the truth. I have insurance already, and no, I don't have the money to change.

Changing insurance carriers means sacrificing the dividends you will receive when your policy matures... not something you'd like to hear after pouring hundreds of thousands into your life insurance...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    NOT INTERESTED is NOT INTERESTED.

I always tell them the truth. I have insurance already, and no, I don't have the money to change.

Changing insurance carriers means sacrificing the dividends you will receive when your policy matures... not something you'd like to hear after pouring hundreds of thousands into your life insurance...
    Unless the insurance company tanks (which is pretty common lately) hahahahahaaha

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Unless the insurance company tanks (which is pretty common lately) hahahahahaaha
    Shhhh!!! (knocks on wood!)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How to politely turn down insurance/investment proposal from a friend