New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: How many years have you been driving?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than a year

1 4.17%
  • between 1 and 2 years

0 0%
  • between 2 and 3 years

2 8.33%
  • between 3 and 4 years

0 0%
  • between 4 and 5 years

0 0%
  • between 5 and 6 years

0 0%
  • between 6 and 7 years

0 0%
  • between 7 and 8 years

0 0%
  • between 8 and 9 years

0 0%
  • between 9 and 10 years

2 8.33%
  • Over 10 years

19 79.17%
  • Never learned how to drive

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="5"]How many years have you been driving and how did you learn how to drive?[/SIZE]

:bike::bike3::drive1::car::police:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    more than 20 years na

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've been driving for more than 20 years. My dad taught me when I was in college.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    More than 12 years. Started driving when I was in HS.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    was able to drive by myself around second year college, so it would be around 13years. My brother taught me how to drive when i was in 4th highschool and first year college every summer vacation. And i really appreciated his patience

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    19 years already. I self taught myself by watching how the jeepney drivers drove.

:yawn: [SIZE="1"]3982[/SIZE]
    Last edited by j_avonni; December 29th, 2008 at 08:24 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I'm 53 years old and I started driving when I was 15 so that would make it 38 years. Won't be surprised if I was already driving before most of the forumers are born.

My father initially refused to have me learn how to drive because he said I was too young. But one time, I tried driving his Land Cruiser FJ out of the driveway and in the process hit the electric post. Since he saw that I was really determined, he decided that it may be better if I learned how to drive properly.

So he brought me to the logging area and instructed one of his men to teach me. The vehicle was a 3/4 tonner, weapon carrier. His man took me to a banana field, taught me the basics, and told me to learn on my own by driving between the banana trunks. So off I went on my own. Initially, I was hitting banana trunks left and right. But the weapons carrier was a strong and sturdy vehicle so I just kept on going. By the afternoon, I was already driving expertly between the banana trunks without hitting anything.

I was so happy driving that every weekend, I would travel on my own to the logging camp just to be able to drive. Soon, I learned to drive an old Ford 250 pick-up, then a Ford 6-wheeler truck, and before the year was over, and without my father knowing it at the time (I think) also learned to drive 18-wheeled trailers (Peterbuilts, Macks, and Whites) used in hauling logs.

By the time I was 17, I had my driver's license (ni-fake yung age). Kumpleto pa ng restrictions (malakas sa LTC pa noon). I asked my father for a summer job as a driver and after he tested me and saw that I was capable, I had my first earnings driving logging trucks from the cutting area to the sawmill.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    21 years, my dad and kuya taught me the basics then enrolled at socialites driving institute for 2 weeks session before getting my first non-pro

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    For me i started driving at the age of 13, by the time i got to 20 i've already drive in circuit and drag race, that was a long time ago,then by the age of 21 upto date i drive in all types of 4wheel trail did also a little racing 4x4. Bike on the other hand learn it when is was 23 sport and touring bike's.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I have 11 months under my belt . Just warming up this year for driving .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
How many years have you been driving?