New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    mga kabayan tanong ko lang kung ano silbi ng party list groups? i mean wala pa ako nakikita na projects nila na napapakinabangan ko..sa laki ng pork budget nila wala pa ako nakita kahit saan(bukod sa gastos sa mga pang rally).atleast yung congressman dito dami na ako nakita project pero sla puro gamit pang rally lang nakita ko pinagkagastusan.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Ano silbi nila? Mag party yata sa kalye hehehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that is because you are a "burgiouse" surfing the net the whole day. you will not see where they spend their pork unless you are one of them, the "masa". like if the party list group is for the benefit of urban poor then you won't see their projects because you are not part of the urban poor. you do not see the projects done for the rural poor either because you are not part of the rural poor. nor are you a farmer or a fisherman. you are not a member of a marginalized tribe, the taga-bundok. you are not a battered woman nor are you an abused child. in short you, burgiouse, are one of us and not one of them!

and they have all the right to spend it on their red-flag-waving-supporters. after all, those people, the masa, are their constituencies. no matter what their beliefs may be, no matter how far off it is from yours, they have the right to think how they do. i think it's called democracy. if you want to change their thinking then i suggest you talk to them and we will wait to see who gets converted, them or you ehehehehe!

and don't expect roads being built by them in your districts. trabaho yan ng congressman mo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Theoretically, the party-list system was put in place by the Constitution to promote multi-party participation in our legislative branch of government. Before the era of Martial Law, I think there were only 2 political parties: (i) the Nacionalista Party; and (ii) the Liberal Party both of which dominated local and national politics. With a party-list system, certain marginalized sectors of society who are not duly "represented" (i.e. urban poor, the disabled, farmers) in Congress can now participate in legislation --- specifically for their interests.

With due respect to Yebo, hindi lahat ng party-list ay representative of the urban poor or masa. Just take a look at the Buhay Party List of Eddie Villanueva and that of Akbayan. None of their representatives belong to the "masa". They just make noise and sound like they do.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    that is because you are a "burgiouse" surfing the net the whole day. you will not see where they spend their pork unless you are one of them, the "masa". like if the party list group is for the benefit of urban poor then you won't see their projects because you are not part of the urban poor. you do not see the projects done for the rural poor either because you are not part of the rural poor. nor are you a farmer or a fisherman. you are not a member of a marginalized tribe, the taga-bundok. you are not a battered woman nor are you an abused child. in short you, burgiouse, are one of us and not one of them!

and they have all the right to spend it on their red-flag-waving-supporters. after all, those people, the masa, are their constituencies. no matter what their beliefs may be, no matter how far off it is from yours, they have the right to think how they do. i think it's called democracy. if you want to change their thinking then i suggest you talk to them and we will wait to see who gets converted, them or you ehehehehe!

and don't expect roads being built by them in your districts. trabaho yan ng congressman mo.
    Hmmm... I think as a taxpayer, I deserve where my taxes are going. If it is true that it goes to these worthwhile projects as you mentioned, then it's all good to me. But it's not correct to say that they have all the right to spend it on their red flag waving supporters... Especially if it disrupts my aim to earn a living and provide for my family. Para bang binabayaran ko sila para maging miserable ang buhay ko...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post

:drool:

:fly:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Hmmm... I think as a taxpayer, I deserve where my taxes are going. If it is true that it goes to these worthwhile projects as you mentioned, then it's all good to me. But it's not correct to say that they have all the right to spend it on their red flag waving supporters... Especially if it disrupts my aim to earn a living and provide for my family. Para bang binabayaran ko sila para maging miserable ang buhay ko...

How much do you pay in taxes??????? (100,000,000?????)

Just curious.....

Last edited by GasJunkie; October 18th, 2006 at 03:30 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Theoretically, the party-list system was put in place by the Constitution to promote multi-party participation in our legislative branch of government. Before the era of Martial Law, I think there were only 2 political parties: (i) the Nacionalista Party; and (ii) the Liberal Party both of which dominated local and national politics. With a party-list system, certain marginalized sectors of society who are not duly "represented" (i.e. urban poor, the disabled, farmers) in Congress can now participate in legislation --- specifically for their interests.

With due respect to Yebo, hindi lahat ng party-list ay representative of the urban poor or masa. Just take a look at the Buhay Party List of Eddie Villanueva and that of Akbayan. None of their representatives belong to the "masa". They just make noise and sound like they do.

Abolish congress????

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GasJunkie View Post
    How much do you pay in taxes??????? (100,000,000?????)

Just curious.....

Gasjunkie,

Grow up, finish college, work and pay your taxes properly... Probably, you would know how taxpayers feel when they see incumbent officials wasting and looting their hard earned money.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Tuloy pa ba yung balak ng tsikot.com na magtatag ng party list for next elections? Representing the Pinoy driver silently suffering on the road today. :lol:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Party list group?