New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I want to send my aunt a car from the US. She gave me my first car when she lived here. Now, I want to return the favor and send her a fully restored version of the car that she gave to me. Its nothing special. Just a 1988 Volkswagen Cabriolet. I now work part time in an Antique Car Restoration shop so I can do everything on my end cheap.

    If anyone needs classic American or European cars and parts . I can hook you up. If you have your own means of dealing with customs. I just need to know the policies and procedures to import.

    Last edited by peterock17; June 5th, 2004 at 02:52 AM.

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Send her a newer car. She might have problems having that car maintained here.

  3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe this can help (take note that this is circa 2001):
    Bringing a car into the Philippines? BIS shows you how

    Many balikbayans and overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) want to bring home their personal cars to the Philippines. Here are tips from the Bureau of Import Services (BIS) of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI). Know these tips and avoid fixers who will only take you for a very expensive ride.

    Not just any Tom, Dick, and Harry is qualified to bring in a used car. BIS says, you have to be a balikbayan (a Filipino working and residing abroad) or a holder of a 13A or 13G Visa. A 13G visa is given to a former Filipino citizen, while a 13A visa is issued to foreigner married to Filipino citizens.

    Only those who have worked or are working and residing abroad for at least one year are allowed to import their personal used cars into the country. This one year residency requirement, the BIS says, can be accumulated over a period of three years.

    The car must be registered under the name of the importer for at least six months prior to the submission of the application to the BIS.

    Application forms for prior approval have to be filled out completely and legibly. The BIS form are available at Philippine consulates, the BIS office, DTI regional offices, and can be downloaded from the website at

    These forms have to be filled out and processed prior to importing a car. Other documents to be submitted include a notarized Affidavit of Undertaking, authenticated copies of all the pages of your old and new passports, car title or registration, Alien Certificate of Registration, Immigrant Certificate of Residence, a 2x2 picture and payment of the BIS's processing fee of PhP1,500 for cars and PhP900 for motorcycles.

    With complete documents, a certificate of prior approval can be issued within three days.

    Not all types of cars are allowed entry. According to the BIS, only left-hand drive vehicles within 3,000 kilos gross weight are allowed.

    Vehicles must also meet Philippine safety and emission standards.

    The BIS requires payment of taxes and duties on the imported car and the personal appearance of the importer before a car can be released by the Bureau of Customs.

    The BIS also advises importers to send their car to the Manila International Container Terminal (MICT) at the North Harbor. Processing the entry of your car will be easier with the presence of a One-Stop-Action Center located at the MICT. For further questions please call the Import Action Division of the Bureau of Import Services at tel. no. (632)890-5418.

How do I Import A Car to the Pinas from the US