New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hello fellow tsikoters,

After months of agony, it finishing time, now i have few quick question i wanna ask you guys.

1. Which comes first? Painting the room or laying tiles on the room?
    2. In paint, what goes first? 1. Masilya 2. Primer 3. Paint? - both exterior and interior
    3. What is the best way protect the open roof top from leaks? Am planning to use plaster band then tape it with adhesive cement with tiles.

Hope you guys can give me tips...so i know what my next agenda will be..

TIA

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    1. Paint the room first then lay the tiles. Why? You would'nt want paint drips all over your tiles di ba?
    2. First to apply is cement wall neutralizer, then primer, then filler (masilya), then another coat of primer, and finally the final coat.
    3. What is your roof? concrete slab?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    1. Paint the room first then lay the tiles. Why? You would'nt want paint drips all over your tiles di ba?
    2. First to apply is cement wall neutralizer, then primer, then filler (masilya), then another coat of primer, and finally the final coat.
    3. What is your roof? concrete slab?
    Hi, thank you for the quick response,

Yes roof is concrete slab.

My worker said that its better to lay the tile s first then paint, why? If you already painted the walls then lay the tile, when cutting the tiles and m ixing the cement adhisive, the dust will stick on the paint.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Do your cutting of tiles and mixing of tile mortar outside the house obviously. Sobrang alikabok nyan, baka magkasakit kayo when done inside the house.

Is your concrete roof still bare cement? I had mine layered with mortaseal, and 5 coats of elastomeric paint. So far no cracks and leaks.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Apply thoroseal sa roof top as water proofing mga 3 applications then put the tiles. Ganyan ginawa ko sa koi pond ko.
    Okay lang na tiles muna bago paint ng mga rooms nasa nag aapply ng paint yun saka madali lang alisin paint sa tiles. Ganyan ginawa sa house
    Ko.

Sent using Tapatalk 2