New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Hi guys and gals.

I hope you are all doing fine and surviving despite everything is now going pricey.

Just would like to ask for your help or referrals.

I know building a house tend to be personal as taste and preference and family size and of course budget come in as essential factors but...

could you give me suggestions, tips, referrals as to reputable architects and contractors/builders, bargain areas or even local websites on how to construct a house.

I am a family man with two kids and we are thinking of building a two-storey, 3 bedroom house. Budget would be tight, no more than 2.5M. I bought a lot already in a middle-class subdivision.

Thank you for your help.

All the best to us.

Hans

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lot area na kakasya dyan sa budget mo is around 100 sq. meters.
    hmmm... about architects, dapat may kakilala ka na magjajive ang ideas nyo para magtugma ang kalalabasan. and also to give you a better price.
    know where to source your supplies (hollow blocks, roof, pipes, pvc, cement, etc..) this will greatly affect your budget.

one more suggestion: use hook bolts sa roofing instead of the usual tex screw. mas tatagal ang yero nyo. coz the hook bolts can move when the wind blows, thus preventing the roof from having cuts or rips. suggestion lang naman

one more thing, daming 2nd hand na gamit from dau. bargain prices, you just have to know where to look

just post questions about finer details, tanong ko sa dad ko para makatulong

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for a 3 bedroom house, if you are going to manage the construction yourself, sobra na yan 2.5M mo. i was able to build a 2 storey 4 bedroom + 3 t&b + family room + maids room house for only 1.45M 3 years ago. average bedroom size is 3m x 4m, or 12sqm, masters bedroom was 3.5m x 4.5m or 15.75sqm. 150 sqm floor area excluding maids room which is an additional 2.5m x 4.5 m or 12 sqm for a total of 162 sqm floor area kung kasama ang maids room. all cement construction, 6 inch thick hollow blocks plastered in and out, tilespan roofing, steel rafters, tiled 1st floor and 1 inch thick hardwood (matimco) floors for the 2nd floor. it also included painting in and out, plus all electricals and plumbing. sama na din dyan sa price ang 4 units 1.5 hp aircons. even taking inflation into account e sobra na yan 2.5M mo.

yun e basta ikaw ang mag-manage ng construction. which means you find an architect, you get the plans approved by the city engineering office, get all the permits (building, fire, occupancy, etc), and then build the house yourself. this means you will be the one purchasing materials as they are needed, and you will also be hiring and firing people as they are needed.

if you get a contractor to build your house, e baka kulang pa yan 2.5M. and that is without saying that you will not be satisfied with the quality because the contractor will be trying to save on materials and workmanship all the way. you know what i mean, like hindi lahat ng hollow blocks mo e may laman na cement, or undersized ang steel rebar, or thin gauge ang gagamitin sa roofing, etc. so kung may time ka naman, then i suggest you manage the building of your house by yourself.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for a 3 bedroom house, if you are going to manage the construction yourself, sobra na yan 2.5M mo. i was able to build a 2 storey 4 bedroom + 3 t&b + family room + maids' room house for only 1.45M 3 years ago. average bedroom size is 3m x 4m or 12sqm. master's bedroom was 3.5m x 4.5m or 15.75sqm. 150 sqm floor area excluding maids' room which is an additional 2.5m x 4.5 m or 12 sqm for a total of 162 sqm floor area kung kasama ang maids room. all cement construction, 6 inch thick hollow blocks plastered in and out, tilespan roofing, steel rafters, tiled 1st floor and 1 inch thick hardwood (matimco) floors for the 2nd floor. it also included painting in and out, plus all electricals and plumbing. sama na din dyan sa price ang 4 units 1.5 hp aircons. even taking inflation into account e sobra na yan 2.5M mo.

yun e basta ikaw ang mag-manage ng construction. which means you find an architect, you get the plans approved by the city engineering office, get all the permits (building, fire, occupancy, etc), and then build the house yourself. this means you will be the one purchasing materials as they are needed, and you will also be hiring and firing people as they are needed.

if you get a contractor to build your house, e baka kulang pa yan 2.5M. and that is without saying that you will not be satisfied with the quality because the contractor will be trying to save on materials and workmanship all the way. you know what i mean, like hindi lahat ng hollow blocks mo e may laman na cement, or undersized ang steel rebar, or thin gauge ang gagamitin sa roofing, etc. so kung may time ka naman, then i suggest you manage the building of your house by yourself.

ako yung bahay na ginawa ko sigurado akong matibay. sabi ng architect 12mm steel rebar e 16mm ang nilagay ko. imbes na 6 na bakal lang sa isang poste ayon sa plano e ginawa kong 8. saka alam ko yung semento e talagang 3-2-1 ang halo. pag contractor yan nakow pow baka gawing 5-3-1 ang halo nyan, o baka pozolan cement pa ang gamitin sa bahay mo!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    magandang experience yang managing the construction yourself. sa totoo lang, madaming hindi masusunod sa plano during construction. kaya iba pa rin kung ikaw ang magmanage ng construction para mas konti ang masasayang na materials kapag nagbago ka ng isip.

also, you don't need to use 6inch hollow blocks sa walls within the house, ok na ang 4inches. laki ng matitipid mo sa cost ng hollow blocks and cement.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tebs,

may lot na daw siya. yung 2.5M e para sa house construction lang.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    laki ng tinanda ko dyan sa pagpapatayo ng bahay..:lol:

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    kita ko iyong mga design ni levi ng pinoydvd. Ang gagaleng, subukan mong kontakin sya mods iyon doon.

Naka post iyong mga ginawa nya sa Pinoydvd.

ah member din pala sya rito pm mo sya

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what i meant with the size of the lot area, is yung patatayuan nya mismo. kasi syempre, pag mas malaki ang area mo, mas malaki bahay, mas malaki gastos!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    floor area ;)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
house construction