New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tingin ko hinde papasukin yan pag nag apply ng visa dito sa atin...grounds for denial kung meron kang contagious disease...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    fyi
    sa USA, required ang individual na mag register sa dept. of health kapag hiv/aids positive ka. tapos imomonitor ka ng dept. of health. hindi ba covered ng health insurance ang treatment ng hiv? at kung hindi man covered, meron naman yatang research groups na nagbibigay ng libreng treatment.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    San Lazaro lang ang alam ko para sa mga HIV/AIDS

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm sure your cousin wouldn't like San Lazaro... lalo na't free ward lang ang HIV/AIDS yata.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ok... we got professionals... but that's just part of it...

How about labs? AFAIK, patients need to monitor the number of immune cells and virus in the blood regularly. Do we have that kind of infrastructure here? How much will those lab tests cost?

How about availability of HIV drugs? Hindi ba they have to keep taking it and shouldnt stop coz if they do the virus will develop resistance? Steady ba ang supply ng HIV drugs dito sa atin? Pano kung out of stock?
    okay, sorry, i realized i didn't give much details.

i personally know someone who had specific training at the mayo clinic in rochester. i just got to talk to her and we have all the necessary facilities, laboratory work-ups and medicines. she is very much involved with the HIV program in our country. and no, they cannot deny you a visa just because you are HIV+. (honest to goodness question: kailangan ba ng visa para makapasok ng pinas, eg. may philippine visa ba?)

for obvious reasons, i am not posting the institutions involved in the care of HIV patients (because of the stigma involved) pero you guys are correct that there is a special place in san lazaro for patients.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thanks all for your help,my friend is a Chinese and he chose PH is simply that it's the nearest nation compared to Thailand.He said his cousin always gets tired every 2 hours so Thailand is still far for them.His cousin has been infected for 8 years I think.

I do not know much about their Visa but he is sure that they are allowed to use medical visa to enter PH.

Does it really cost a lot in here? 20M for 4 months? ridiculous!

They need a good private hospital to stay in...I don't think public hospital is good for his cousin unless it has presidential room.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by huangyenhao View Post
    Hi all,

I have a problem,hope you guys can give me some advices.

Here is the story:

One of my friend who lives abroad told me yesterday,he has a cousin who got AIDS/HIV few years ago (he is a gay),my friend wants to bring his cousin to Philippines for further treatment since it's cheaper here.He asked me to suggest a nice hospital which is professional in this field.I told him honestly that I do not really wish him to bring his cousin here but if he insists,I will respect his decision.He said they will use "medical visa" to enter the PH.I suggested 3 following medical centers to my friend:

1.Makati Med. (convenient,but old)
    2.St.Lukes (nice facilities,small,expensive)
    3.The Medical City (hotel type hospital,good environment,far,expensive)

Which one is more professional on AIDS/HIV ?
    Can anyone share some useful information like the expenses of medicine,room,doctor and other living expenses?
    My friend's budget is around 1M for 3~4 months,is it enough?

Thanks for your help in advance.
    i suggest that he goes to the US for treatment... as per experience here in the philippines as a nurse, the country is not that fully equiped to treat nor to give interventions for such cases... the US is the best choice to go to if he wants some treatment...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by huangyenhao View Post
    Hi all,

I have a problem,hope you guys can give me some advices.

Here is the story:

One of my friend who lives abroad told me yesterday,he has a cousin who got AIDS/HIV few years ago (he is a gay),my friend wants to bring his cousin to Philippines for further treatment since it's cheaper here.He asked me to suggest a nice hospital which is professional in this field.I told him honestly that I do not really wish him to bring his cousin here but if he insists,I will respect his decision.He said they will use "medical visa" to enter the PH.I suggested 3 following medical centers to my friend:

1.Makati Med. (convenient,but old)
    2.St.Lukes (nice facilities,small,expensive)
    3.The Medical City (hotel type hospital,good environment,far,expensive)

Which one is more professional on AIDS/HIV ?
    Can anyone share some useful information like the expenses of medicine,room,doctor and other living expenses?
    My friend's budget is around 1M for 3~4 months,is it enough?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Yun bang subject ay may HIV o full blown AIDS na?

coz AFAIK, treatment and management for people with HIV includes cocktails of retrovirals to impede the colonization / destruction of CD4 immune cells by the HIV.(coz we cannot really kill the virus)

While treatment for a full blown AIDS is mainly symptomatic, that is you treat the symptom that arises specially those opportunistic infections such as pneumonia and TB.

During the time of the Former First Lady Ming Ramos, Bahay Lingap of San Lazaro is a world class facility that deals with HIV, ngayon napabayaan na.

Yung H4 ward naman nila for patient with full blown aids i assume ay hindi nya rin magugustuhan.

May suggestion is that, kung HIV pa lang yan, go to the USA. Pag full blown AIDS na, stay na lang sa China.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hospitals for AIDS/HIV