New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    got this from the email

I send this message to make you aware of the danger potential of the commonly used cellular phone. A few days ago, a person was recharging his cellphone at home. Just at that time a call came and he attended to that call with the instrument still connected to the mains. After a few seconds electricity flowed into the cellphone unrestrained and the young man was
    thrown to the ground with a heavy thud. His parents rushed to the room only to find him unconscious, with weak heartbeats and burnt fingers. He was rushed to the nearby hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.

Cellphone is a very useful modern invention. However, we must be aware that it can also be an instrument of death. Never use the cellphone while it is hooked to the mains! This is my humble plea. Sincerely, Its authentic ......check the attachment .... (attachment is a newsclipping from a newspaper in Bangalore dtd 11 Aug 04).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parang napanood ko na to sa CSI ah :D

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Hmmm... I remember some fake batteries exploded on a 3310 or 3330 in HK. But nothing like this.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ssalloon... oo nga...hehehe

napanood ko rin yung episode na yun...

ooopsss sori OT yata to...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    akala ko kung ano...hehe sabi ko.. shucks?!? what did I do wrong?? hehe well getting back to the topic.. I'm guilty of this...I always have my phone connected on the charger when taking calls (battery is busted) I guess I have to stop this.. but don't chargers have some kind of surge protector in them? Looks like its time to open up some of my non functional chargers hehe.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    does celfone chargers only run around 4.5v to 9volts to charge the batteries? I dont think there is enough voltage from the charger to stun a person. (Unless you were directly hit by lightning thru the celfone's charger...)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    most probably lightning hitting the power mains then since hindi naman grounded ang electric wiring, sa kanya nagdaan yung lightning at sya ang malapit sa ground. so it does not matter kung 4.5V lang o manipis lang ang wires, lightning does not care where it passes as long as it provides the nearest ground.

happens with landlines, too, pag tinamaan ng lightning yung phone lines tapos hawak mo ang handset. kaya kami kahit mahal ang cordless sadya na bumibili kami para maiwasan ito, lalo na dun sa bahay ng ermats ko at may malapit na lightning path sa bahay. imagine, lagi kami nagtatanim ng puno ng mangga, narra, etc dun sa center island ng congressional avenue pero pag medyo malaki na at may thunderstorm e "kabooom!" patay ang puno sa island ng congressional avenue. lagi naman dun sa spot na yun lang, tapat ng neighbor namin. kaya ngayon tinamad na magtanim dun si erpats, dun lang wala puno na malapit sa kanila.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    madami nga sumasabog na fake batteries. bad trip nga eh and if you ask them if orig or fake yung batt they always tell you na orig daw.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oh my god, so does that mean that we should not use hair dryers, curling irons or electric toothbrushes either because the same thing might happen?

what about rotary buffers, power tools, or vacuum cleaners?? my house is such a dangerous place!! :D :D

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    oops... meron palang may handle na noteworthy27 :D

i remember when uso pa mga tv antenna na nasa bubong ng bahay (er- meron pa palang baron tv antenna ngayon), kpag bumabagyo pinapa-off ng mommy ko ang tv kasi baka daw tamaan ng kidlat antenna, masira tv namin.

para safe, ibalik na lang nila mga analog phones running on AA batteries. he he he... i had one before, moto, hayun, laruan na lang ng pinsan ko. pwede 4 na AA batteries, pero 2hrs lang. better alternative than charging a cp battery na nakakabit pa sa unit.

baterya kaya ng motorcycle...

nakakatuyo yata talaga ng utak kapag bumabagyo. :lol:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
hoax or not, this is noteworthy...