New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    :cheekkiss: Hello everyone. I have just gotten my first car and have a question. Anyone out there have experiences with car insurance they can share with me? I don't know the advantages of TPL and comprehensive. Mahal kasi ng comprehensive. Do I really need it?

Your advise will be really appreciated. Sorry I am not that experienced with cars.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi Newbie Grrl...... May smiley pang kiss ah

Wait mo lang mga expert dito at moderator.....

May OT question lang ako: Hindi ka naman babaeng galit sa outlander?

Just making sure

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by suv View Post
    Hi Newbie Grrl...... May smiley pang kiss ah

Wait mo lang mga expert dito at moderator.....

May OT question lang ako: Hindi ka naman babaeng galit sa outlander?

Just making sure
    SUV, sure ako di sya yung galit sa outlander

anyway ms. rica... welcome to tsikot... wait na lang tayo ng sagot ng mga experts

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Errr whats an outlander?

Sorry really new to this.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hi Rica, welcome to Tsikot.:foryou:

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ricasantos18 View Post
    :cheekkiss: Hello everyone. I have just gotten my first car and have a question. Anyone out there have experiences with car insurance they can share with me? I don't know the advantages of TPL and comprehensive. Mahal kasi ng comprehensive. Do I really need it?

Your advise will be really appreciated. Sorry I am not that experienced with cars.
    welkam po sa tsikot ms rica, simple translation sa query mo...
    comprehensive + TPL = peace of mind, mahal nga lang pero sulit naman yung premium na bayad mo.
    bago po ba yung car nyo mam? if yes, suggest to get a compre & TPL. marami naman pagpipilian na good insurance company.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes, you absolutely need a comprehensive insurance....for your own peace of mind...

what experiences with insurance you wanted us to share?

if your car is brand new, the more that you need it...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Welcome to Tsikot!

TPL is 3rd party liability insurance. Its there to pay for any damage up to the covered value (written on insurance paper) to someone or something you hit with your car.

Comprehensive is to pay for other damage to your car. It usually but not always includes theft. Check the policy to be sure. Again the limit is specified on the policy.

There is also CTPL or compulsary 3rd party liability. Required when you register the car. Normally limited to 50,000 pesos.

Get your insurance from a reputable insurance company.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    My car is medyo new. Two years old but I bought second hand from my cousin. Better they said to get a car from someone you know. So my cousin left the country and now I have been told insurance is up.

Mataas ba ang possibility na ma-accident yung kotse?

Careful naman ako mag drive.

What are recommended insurance companies and what are not recommended. I just do not want to be taken for a ride kasi. Hehe.

May kwento kasi friend ko na na-accident po at parang pahirapan pa sa Malayan.

:propose:

I'm not an expert but base on experience, if you buy a second hand car better make it TPL for Insurance na lang.

Welcome to tsikot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hi Newbie Grrl with Newbie question