New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Guys please help where I can bring my camera for repair.

Brand : Sony
    Model : DSC HX1
    In use : Less than 4 months

Symptom: The camera lens stuck in "extended position". LCD Notification says Off & On power. Doing this still the same result. No self-diagnostic error code shown in the LCD.

Action done : Brought the camera in alabang sony service center. After few minutes of playing around the camera controls the technician said the lens is to be replaced. The cost is 9000 php lens + 700 php labor. The warranty is void here because card is only valid inside USA.

I don't believe that the lens is defective. Hindi ko nahulog ang camera. Last time I used everything was ok. 3 days after I was surprised the problem popped out when I used it. I believe some mechanical or electronic component failure (pin misaligned, capacitor defect, etc) is the real culprit not the lens as the technician said. I visually inspected the sides around the lens. I found to obstruction that will prevent the lens to move in & out.

Please help me find a repair shop that will do component trouble shooting instead of instant "lens replacement". All infos from you guys is highly & very much appreciated. Thanks In Advance.

Mods please transfer this post if appropriate. TY

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If you have a relative going to the US, padala mo na lang. that's the painless way to do it.

Or you can call Sony USA customer care to have your warranty transferred here if it's possible if not, SG or HK since malapit lang yun ang you're more likely to meet people who will go there for a vacation. HX1 looks like a good camera, how is the picture quality?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nasira din minsan yung aking sony cybershot digicam lampas na warranty kasi mahigit one year old na. ganyan din, ayaw nang mag retract yung lens. Same assessment (sony service center sa may UN Avenue), sira na daw lens at kailangan ng palitan. 13K pesos yung lens at 700 php yung labor. di ko na pinagawa, mas mahal pa yung repair kesa dun sa pagkakabili ko sa camera.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    If you have a relative going to the US, padala mo na lang. that's the painless way to do it.

Or you can call Sony USA customer care to have your warranty transferred here if it's possible if not, SG or HK since malapit lang yun ang you're more likely to meet people who will go there for a vacation. HX1 looks like a good camera, how is the picture quality?
    Yung nga ang nakaka bad trip kung kailan nakabalik na sa NJ ang nephew ko saka pa nasira. Picture quality is good if not the best in the class.
    Stuck up lens ang nakita kung common problem ng model na to sa internet.
    Repair cost 9000 lens + 700 labor = 9700 php. I bought this camera + 4gB pro duo mem last October in Portland for 410 USD Mukhang sa junk yard papunta itong camera ko

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I had a similar problem in the past with an Olympus... the lens got stuck on the extended position and couldn't be moved even with repeated on-off. I then took out the battery and contemplated in bringing it to the shop for fixing. However, work disallowed me from doing it and for two weeks, it just lay on my desk. Then, I found time to bring it to the shop. However, before I did so, I told a friend about it and he suggested that I blast the lens area with a hair dyer and check. I did so and after a while put the battery back in, turned the camera on and after a few minutes of tinkering, the lens moved and popped into place! My friend explained that it was possible that moisture may have caused the lens mechanism to get stuck and blasting it with the hair dryer allowed it to dry off and the blower heat caused the parts to expand. Then, as I put on the battery, time elapsed and things started cooling down, the parts contracted, and essentially the jam was fixed. You might want to give this approach a try.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    palagay ko kailangan mo nang bumili ng bagong digicam

it's a sony. . .the exact reason i've stopped patronizing that brand. . .ok nga ang features and design, sirain naman

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    nangyari na rin sa sony ko yan..nagstuck din lens ko..sony alabang was charging me 16k pa yata..dinala ko sa sony service center located in anabu imus cavite..malapit sa makro...mura lang 300 lang yata charge..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Bili ka na lang Sir ng Canon SX30IS/ Panasonic FZ100 if you want something like this (bridge camera).

I was able to test a Sony Alpha55 extensively in Singapore last month, ang linaw ng portraits. As in astig sa linaw yung shots, near or far. I used the portrait lens (50mm). Up to now iniisip ko pa rin na bilhin yun since Sony ang supplier ng image sensors ng Nikon (another brand I like).

So lens assembly pala ang weakness ng Sony P&S? 3 respondents with the same defect in such short notice is a bit worrying . I wonder if it's the same with their SLRs.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Same tayo ng camera sir. Fortunately di pa nangyayari sakin ito. 1 year and 1 month na sa akin yung cam.

Problema ko lang is nacocorrupt (File Error) yung mga images (some) kapag ni-connect ko sa PC ko then copy paste the images on my documents, tapos safely remove, turn off the cam, then remove the cable.

Dapat pala is turn off the cam agad then disconnect the cable from the PC.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Have you tried using a card reader instead? same result or pag via camera file transfer lang?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
help repair my Cybershot DSC-HX1 Camera