New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Have you ever fallen asleep while driving a car?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 75.00%
  • No

4 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have you ever fallen asleep while driving a car? Even for a split second?

Yes or No?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes. I was with my dad. We were at the single lane portion of NLEX before it was rehabilitated. I fell asleep for a few seconds and then I heard my dad telling me not to overtake using the shoulder. That's when I realized that I was already swerving to the shoulder.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    yes, always. may it be on mornings, afternoons or at night times. i'd fell asleep for a split second and would realize that i'm swerving to the other lane.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have fallen asleep at the wheel.

I already have two accidents because of it. One recent and the other one many many years ago.

I have tried ways to counter the sleepiness (including a cup of coffee or caffeine pills) but the best one is simply to park the car and sleep a few minutes.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    yep. this happened along molino road near sm molino. i fell asleep for a few seconds at the wheel & nearly bump an adventure in front of me. i just heard my wife yell at me. bigla ako nagising, sabay preno. muntik na kami.......

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    8 or so years ago around 2am at edsa. pababa ako ng tunnel sa may ayala and i think i nodded off for a second or two when i noticed i was about to go under the trailer of the truck to my right. needless to say, i was wide awake the rest of the trip home after that. what an accident that would have been, malaki pa naman yung trailer and it was carrying a lot of heavy metals for construction - no contest yung compact sedan na dala ko.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Yes. Once na sumapit ang past 10pm at nasa kalsada ako, naguumpisa na kong antukin at pumipikit-pikit. Now, I counter it by eating chewing gum. Pag candy kasi, wala lang din, aantukin din ako once matunaw yun candy sa bibig

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    yes, but for a split second lang mga 2 years ago. I was alone kasi while driving out of town most of the tie. I was starting to veer away from my lane going to the center of the road. It gave me chills needing for me to stop and relax. Grabe nakaka-kaba. I started to take naps na lang everytime I feel that way again or sing a song. But napping is the best.
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; May 20th, 2011 at 07:16 AM. Reason: typo error
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Yes, during a couple of long drives. I drank water, moved my legs and body a lot, and sang aloud while turning the volume of the stereo to near full blast...

13.1K:bike:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    just this year, i was 30 hours up and i can't fight it no more. i dozed off under the stoplight of north avenue beside veterans hospital. good thing i was alone in the road for it was a sunday morning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Have you fallen asleep while driving?