New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    patanong naman sa mga resident electrical engineers...

me binili kasi kaming steel shelves for our servers. basically these are clones with the el cheapo casings. minsan kasi parang nagaground kami pag napadikit kami sa rack.

makakatulong ba if i somehow attach a wire(probably an old power cord) to the rack, then attach the other end to a steel rod, to be embedded on the cement floor?

tia

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^ yup, that will help.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post

me binili kasi kaming steel shelves for our servers. basically these are clones with the el cheapo casings. minsan kasi parang nagaground kami pag napadikit kami sa rack.

makakatulong ba if i somehow attach a wire(probably an old power cord) to the rack, then attach the other end to a steel rod, to be embedded on the cement floor?

tia

yes sir, one best thing is a concreate nail.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post

tia

Just put a cord connnected to the floor ipako mo concrete nail will do pero better kung naka baon sa lupa mga 1FT mas maganda groundings

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    AFAIK the proper depth for an electrical ground rod is 8 feet, in soil with good conductivity and connected with a heavy braid of wire.

Pero check mo muna mga remedyo like the ones above ... or if you have a metal window frame nearby (mounted in a concrete wall) ... something you can easily undo if it doesn't work. It all depends on how much electrical "leak" you have and the ground conductivity - which I've read somewhere should be not more than a measured 25 ohms.

I used an 8' ground rod for my radio transmitter which has a tube-type RF amplifier putting out 1,000 watts of power. The (electrical) bites I used to get on my lips from the micophone was totally eliminated ... and the surge/spike protectors worked as they should, including the lightning protector (as they all need a good ground).

I got the ground rod from a guy working for the local electric company ... meryenda lang ang katapat.

grounding for "server rack"