New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    What does that say about the effectiveness of the brazilian jui jitsu fighting style vs the new age of styles like miletich?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    holy cow..talo si gracie?tsktsk.

i think there is no better technique naman sa ganitong sport. all have different systems and techniques.nasa tao nalang kung magaling talaga.

as for gracie..sana di nalang siya lumaban ulit.haay

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ...sinong gracie? was it royce against matt hughes? from what i know si royce medyo retired na tapos he's just being pulled out of retirement para lumaban uli. i think he was already semi-retired nung natalo siya ni sakuraba.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Iba na ngayon kaysa noon time ni Royce Gracie. As I said before, Royce does not have his gi to create a choke in which he won a lot of his fights with. Sabay si Matt Hughes pa. Kay lakas lakas nun ngayon.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kelan nangyari yang fight na yan?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    kelan nangyari yang fight na yan?
    He should have stayed retired - his style is no longer capable of overwhelming today's current UFC multisystem fighters.

But he earned good money for his comeback fight.
    Last edited by Steeljack; May 29th, 2006 at 10:26 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a lot of great fighters/sports legends should have stayed retired to preserve their legacy ...unfortunately money beckons... or maybe they intend to reclaim old glory...sayang

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Its just plain old age. The result would have been different if Gracie is younger.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep. I watched the replay of the Tito Ortiz-Ken Shamrock fight. Shamrock was outta shape. I read later from his book-cum-bio that he hurt his knee during training for the comeback fight and it really affected his movement. Plus, his stamina just wasn't there. Ortiz, on the other hand, was at the top of his game.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    check www.ufc.tv

....have u read how royce lost? IMHO age and stamina is the biggest factor, he's rusty i would say. i have no doubt that royce can beat a guy like matt hughes, "if" he was in his old form. remember that during hir days, being a welterweighter would'nt stop him from choking 250 pounders like shamrock, severn and kimo.
    royce should admit, his time is over, he just have to pass the torch to his successor. he's got to prove anything. infact even matt admits it was royce who inspired him to go ufc.

matt is just overwhelming but my heart goes to royce.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gracie Lost...