New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I'm in the hunt for a lap top and I saw this ad:

Dell Inspiron 600m Notebook with Intel pentium M Processor 745 (1.80Ghz) with 14.1-in XGA with 64mb ATI video. Includes 2Gb 333MHz RAM, 60Gb Ultra ATA Hard Drive, internal 56K modem and integrated netwrok card, 8x CD/DVD burner, Intel PRO/Wireless 2915 internal wireless (802.11 a/b/g). Operating System is Windows XP home. All for US$950.00

I don't know much about notebooks so please help. btw this is a used one.
    All feedbacks will be greatly appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you could get it a bit lower it seems like a descent rig... not a gaming rig.. but good enough for every day tasks... how old is it? is there still warranty left?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually, its a good buy....

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    specs looks good especially the 2Gb of RAM if you're gonna be doing a lot with this notebook. i agree, pwede na yung price.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Imau View Post
    I'm in the hunt for a lap top and I saw this ad:

Dell Inspiron 600m Notebook with Intel pentium M Processor 745 (1.80Ghz) with 14.1-in XGA with 64mb ATI video. Includes 2Gb 333MHz RAM, 60Gb Ultra ATA Hard Drive, internal 56K modem and integrated netwrok card, 8x CD/DVD burner, Intel PRO/Wireless 2915 internal wireless (802.11 a/b/g). Operating System is Windows XP home. All for US$950.00

I don't know much about notebooks so please help. btw this is a used one.
    All feedbacks will be greatly appreciated.
    For $923 plus shipping, you could get a brand new dualcore Dell 1.66ghz Core Duo laptop with same size but WXGA screen, 60gb SATA hard drive, 1gb ram, same 8x DVD burner, 802.11 b/g wireless, XP Home cd. You give up an extra gb of ram and the video isn't that great for games. But, neither is that Pentium M's video at this stage.

A dualcore cpu (and a relatively fast hard drive) will make a huge difference on how responsive your desktop will be......

I agree. the price needs to be much lower, or, your call.

Edit: Matching up the 2gb ram will up the price to $1134
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 11th, 2006 at 01:02 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    wow thanks for the replies. the unit was purchased in the US last November in short it's a 9 month old unit.

another question guys: if I have 60K petot, what is the best brand I can get?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i was able to get a dell e1405, 14.1" widescreen, core duo, 60gb HD, cd/dvd combo writer with 512mb ram for $600 form dell site. try to browse sa www. fatwallet.com to get some deals. BTW, Dell accepts Philippine issued visa credit
    card not so sure though if they'll deliver here. If you want to but locally try browsing tipidpc.com, madaming laptops for sale (from cooltoyz), price is a little
    higher than online prices but it comes with warranty naman

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Archive: Mura nga ipon ipon...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Imau View Post
    wow thanks for the replies. the unit was purchased in the US last November in short it's a 9 month old unit.

another question guys: if I have 60K petot, what is the best brand I can get?
    sir, i'm using ECS G220, 1.7 GHz 80GB (upgraded from 40GB), 512MB RAM.
    12.1 Screen, Wi-Fi ready

kundi ka mahilig sa branded i think for 60k you can get one. i'm satisfied with this one.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kung kukuha kayo ng laptop from a medyo unknown brand make sure you ask where the service center is. When I got a Leo laptop (around 8 years ago hehe) and the display went kaput I brought it to the store where I got it since under warranty pa naman. Problem is they don't service it there and they gave me an address in the N. Domingo area of San Juan. Ayon hinanap ko pa ang warehouse nila amidst all of the dilapidated warehouses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Is this a Good Buy or Good Bye?