New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I have a meeting in San Juan, La Union on Monday at 2:00 PM. I'm planning to drive my car and leave Manila on Monday at 5:00 AM and come back right after the meeting.

Are there ongoing road repairs along the way? If yes, where and what are the alternative routes?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    We went to La Union last holy week and roads all the way are generally well paved. Road widening/repairs at Urdaneta were already completed.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    We went to La Union last holy week and roads all the way are generally well paved. Road widening/repairs at Urdaneta were already completed.
    Thanks, razor.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    We passed by the area early this week (Manila-Pagudpud and back) and the roads are good (San Juan, La Union is along the way). Since you're leaving 5AM, you may want to pass through the alternate route....

2601:kick:

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    We passed by the area early this week (Manila-Pagudpud and back) and the roads are good (San Juan, La Union is along the way). Since you're leaving 5AM, you may want to pass through the alternate route....

Thanks CVT.

Eto ba yung papasok ka ng Rosales, Pangasinan? Grabe pa rin ba ang traffic sa Urdaneta?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Usual traffic route parin sa Mabalacat, Tarlac then at Urdaneta pag dumaan ka ng past 8AM na...

Maybe what alternate route being mention by CVT was yun via COncepcion Tarlac ata.... HTH...

Ganda sa San Juan La union, madami nag wind surfing diyan....

WBR,

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ma trapik din minsan sa Sn Fernando La Union. You can take a right turn at PORO point Intersection, this is before the city proper.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Thanks Innova Boy & Bongliza for your inputs.

I'll take the Concepcion instead of Mabalacat. Yung Urdaneta traffic, siguro pag-tiyagaan ko na lang. Parang masyadong malayo yung papasok ka pa ng Rosales.

Will also take the Poro Point by-pass.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Thanks Innova Boy & Bongliza for your inputs.

I'll take the Concepcion instead of Mabalacat. Yung Urdaneta traffic, siguro pag-tiyagaan ko na lang. Parang masyadong malayo yung papasok ka pa ng Rosales.

Will also take the Poro Point by-pass.
    That is what I meant, bro.

Again,- bypass of Urdaneta is your option....

Enjoy the drive!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Good evening. I'm home from La Union.

The trip to LU this morning was just fine. As planned, I left home at 5 AM. I stopped over at Hacienda Luisita for breakfast (I took the Magalang/Concepcion Route).

I didn't take the Rosales bypass. May konting traffic sa Villasis at sa Urdaneta. May ginagawa rin widening sa Urdaneta pero it's not causing traffic.

I arrived at the meeting venue at 10:30 AM (5.5 hr. trip). By the way, the meeting venue was transferred to SFLU and the first meeting started upon my arrival.

I left SFLU at 3:30 PM and arrived home at 10:00 or 6.5 hr trip due to traffic in:

1. Tarlac junction where Metrotown Mall is because of the asphalting of the northbound lane. Wala pa ito this morning.

2. Starting from km. 56 of the NLEX - ginagawa ung slow lane.

3. Viaduct - may ginagawa rin.

By and large, I enjoyed the trip with my Innova.

Thanks for the tips.

Going to San Juan, La Union