14 82.35%
  • No

1 5.88%
  • Just a bit

2 11.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Anyone got any theory on why it seems that when you are in the Philippines it seems that Pinoys tend to disobey rules more? Just look at how traffic behaves and you will see what I mean. Some may contend that it is just jeepneys and lower end of society that behave this way but working in a CBD you often see luxury cars actually commit violations both minor and major. Also yesterday was waiting in line when a well to do matrona tried to cut til I told her off.

But when in other countries Pinoys tend to generally follow the rules. Or are more obedient. Why selective rule following?

Someone mentioned that Pinoys are corrupt by nature. They will use their connections if they had the chance and at one time or another even bribed someone. Many will say this is not true but it seems that corruption is more the norm than the exception.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by gearhead; September 23rd, 2008 at 01:02 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yes it's coz for every law, there are always people who are "exempt" or who think they are exempt.

Like those powerful people who think laws only apply to ordinary people, not them.

They have this thinking "Baket? sino huhuli sakin?" "Baket? May angal ka?"

We see powerful people get away with violating laws that we obey, unfair diba?

Bad example sila e. Baket sila pwede, tayo hinde?

So ordinary people go ahead and violate laws narin coz nakikita nila unfair ang enforcement ng batas.

Kung i-pareho nila ang enforcement ng batas, i'm sure everyone will be glad to obey.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    identity crisis

we are Catholic by heart and Protestant by mind. the latter being us being influenced more by our big bro, the west.

but dont underestimate us being Catholics.

ever wonder who's the world's number 1 pasaway, it's the mob. and who are these organized-crime pioneers, Italian Catholics (yes the same italians na cradle ng Catholicism - the vatican). who's number 2? the drug cartels. the South American Catholics.

Catholics really have a penchant for disobeying rules.

kaya nga nun narinig ko na ang prediction of new world war will be a war between 2 popes. i think it's a war between christians talaga.

===

regarding disobeying rules and people of authority, kasi we Catholics concentrate more on the passion of Jesus Christ. the ONE who challenged all, Pharisees, Jews authorities and Romans alike.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pa macho effect, I know a lot. sasabihan ka pang para kang tanga pag sumunod ka sa rules.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Common rules that are frequently neglected by WE pinoys. I say we because pinoy din ako :snob:

* Bawal Umihi Dito - talagang iihi!
    * Bawal magtapon ng basura dito - aba talagang tataniman ng basura.
    * Bawal ang TEXTING sa loob ng Bangko - di papigil, pipindot talaga.
    * No Parking - pwepwesto pa sa tabi ng mismong sign.
    * Counter Flowing - bahala kayo dyan, tabi!
    * Do Not Block Fire Hydrant - bakit? wala pa namang sunog ah.
    * Report to work on time - na-traffic ako eh!
    * Post No Bill - isang poster lang naman ang ididikit ko.
    * Parallel Parking Only - talagang sisingit.
    * Right Lane must Turn Right - nagbago isip ko eh
    * Please Flush after use - meron namang Janitor naghihintay..

We produce more excuses than results.

Last edited by Memphis Raines; September 24th, 2008 at 05:52 PM. Reason: spelling

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its probably because we lack political will to enforce even basic laws.

Case in point, jaywalkers and vehicles which stop in the middle of the road to load/unload passengers.

Next thing you know, even serious violations of law like malversation, perjury and thievery are subject of "negotiations" between the perpetrator and the public officers tasked to prosecute them.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    it's more of "Lulusot naman eh". We don't need to go out of the Philippines to arrive at this conclusion. Just go to Industrial Parks. Example, in most industrial parks in Laguna, Walang traffic lights, they implement ang Full Stop/First-to-stop-first-to-go sa mga intersections. And motorists follow the rules. Why? because di pwede magpalusot sa mga bantay. Multa kung multa!

Sa mga public roads, well ibang usapan na. hanggat makakalusot, lalo nagiging malakas ang loob.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The pinoy's have a concept called "pakikisama". I think that explains quite a bit.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    sama nyo pa to "tao lang nagkakamali din"

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Oo nga, pag na sa harap ka at may stop light na pula pa ang signal, bubusenahin ka pa, minsan kakagreen lang ng ilaw lakas na ng busena, parang gustong makipag karera

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Why can't Pinoys follow rules in their own country?