New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    many threads are active in this website, all about what you ate, what you did, what accessory you have in your car,etc,etc,etc. but what have we done to improve, make better, reduce pain and suffering, alleviate hardship of those around us who are less fortunate or what have we done to make living in our society better?
    any donations whether in kind, time or money to charitable institutions? to the church?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Here where I am......

We don our neon vests and spend the day picking up trash along various roads.

Before we moved from NY to AZ, we donated two TVs, several (shipping) boxes of clothes, toys, canned goods, dish sets, utensils, etc to the Salvation Army.

I also repair/upgrade computers for free. The longer computers are in use, the less chance they end up in a landfill even if they're old XP machines.

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; October 10th, 2014 at 01:46 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nice thread....

a. my wife and i are sponsoring two impoverished kids to school (public nga lang)
    b. also, my wife and i are involved in marriage counselling.
    c. and we are currently involved in several fundraising activities on a friend and churchmate who had aneurysm.....
    d. i had personally taught in PUP San Pedro Laguna for free.
    e. i give free career speaking engagements to students.

i believe in the saying that in order to be filled, you have to be emptied first.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; October 10th, 2014 at 01:53 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Oh. We're also helping my wife's relatives get back on their feet in Tacloban City in the wake of Typhoon Haiyan. We provide help as needed be it financial or material.

If I was filthy rich, I'd help more people. But, I'm not. So, the pecking order means relatives (including in laws) come first....and probably the most we can support.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; October 10th, 2014 at 02:06 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I know a lot who prefer to remain silent about the charitable works they do.

In my case, education is something me and my family have always been supportive of.

Where i work, the company is very big on scholarship programs and other endeavors and us employees also actively participate in mentoring the scholars.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

The recent visit of Pope Francis challenges everyone to give back to our communities....

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    Duterte for President of the Philippines in 2016!
    25.6K:grin2:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    i fight against corruption, that's how i give back something to the community...

help the poor??? nah! they will just get more lazy....

give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day.... teach a man to fish and you will feed him forever...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^ And how do you fight it sir?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    [COLOR="#008080"]
    The recent visit of Pope Francis challenges everyone to give back to our communities....
    I asked my devout friends if they plan to do more to the poor.

They said they will pray more for them. LOL!

As the man leaves, the PH will go back to its Old ways.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1422028113.036833.jpgimageuploadedbytsikot-forums1422028113.036833.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast