New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Calderon wants Razon as next PNP chief

[SIZE=2]By CECILLE SUERTE FELIPE [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The Philippine Star[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Oscar Calderon wants the police force’s second-in-command, Deputy Director General Avelino Razon Jr., to be his successor when he retires in October upon reaching the mandatory retirement age of 56.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"We (in the PNP) are comfortable with Gen. Razon," Calderon said. "As far as I am concerned, it’s Gen. Razon (as the next PNP chief). The most logical choice is Gen. Razon, who is a member of (Philippine Military Academy or PMA) Class 74."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Calderon is a member of PMA Class 73 and Razon’s senior in the academy.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Calderon, who still has nearly two months in office before his retirement, admitted that there were some police officials trying to lobby and get President Arroyo’s nod to become the next PNP chief.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"I heard about it (lobbying by a few police officials), let them do their work. But we will support whoever is the choice of President Arroyo. We don’t want to pre-empt the decision of the President," he said.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Even Interior and Local Government Secretary Ronaldo Puno has indicated that Razon is his choice to replace Calderon.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"When Gen. Razon is appointed, the deputy will be removed from his rank," Puno said. This would make Razon a four-star general, a rank held by Calderon.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Puno has also offered Calderon an undersecretary post at the DILG once the PNP chief retires from police service.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"We are happy to have Gen. Calderon as one of our undersecretaries here at the DILG," said Puno, who vouched for the qualification of Calderon to any post in the government.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Calderon thanked Puno for the "trust and confidence" given him. It was gathered that Puno gave his all-out support to Calderon when Mrs. Arroyo chose him to be the PNP chief last July 2006.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"It’s been an honor and a pleasure to work with Sec. Puno. I thank him for the trust and confidence he has given me. I am willing to serve as part of the official family of President Arroyo on whatever capacity I can," Calderon told The STAR.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Calderon has a good report card for the first year of his term, with a significant decrease in all forms of crime, ranging from kidnapping, street crimes and bank robberies. [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    couldn't think of anyone better to be the next chief...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Mas ok siguro si Osmena

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I think Razon deserves to be the next PNP Chief. I am satisfied with his performance when he was the WPD Chief.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Ok naman siya, i think he deserves it

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's about time..... saka sana siya naman talaga yata ang next in line eh....ang mahirap baka meron nanaman gumapang para ma bypass si razon at iba nanaman ang maging PNP chief...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    May RASON ba para hindi si Gen. RAZON ang maging next PNP Chief?

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3135[/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Dati ko pa sya gustong maging PNP chief. Mahusay at mabuting tao, sa aking pagkakaalam.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Para sa akin ok rin sya, wala na akong maisip na iba e

This is a long overdue, matagal na nasa limelight si Gen. Razon, kaya nga lang nauna mga senior sa kanya sa academy. He has a good record and accomplishment. I say he is the man to be the highest officer of the PNP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Gen. Avelino Razon...next PNP chief?