New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    galing, nice pics! before i was born but it sort of brings back some memories.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...3&page=1&pp=20

from the same site and the same poster...

astig... tignan ninyo ang roxas blvd circa 1900

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by kimpOy
    kuwento ng daddy ko, namamasyal kami sa maynila... sa luneta... ang saya saya daw dun.

di tulad ngayon.
    tama ka dyan dami pag nasa luneta kami dami tao pero hindi ka kakabahan dahil wala pa mandurugas.. ngayon kahit mga vendor tirador na din hehehehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Bogeyman
    Meh, two words kung bakit ganyan kaganda yan noon:

Martial Law

Nung una, Bagong Lipunan. Tapos naging Bagong Republika. Both illusions of cleanliness, purity and order, para maitago yung mga kalokohang pinaggagawa nila.
    eksakli!!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kaya lang...wala pang tsikot.com nun.

di ka rin mag eenjoy. naks! :D

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Originally posted by Cardo818
    most of the cars had their window rolled down... siguro hindi masyado mahumid nuon?
    The air conditioner was not a standard accessory for cars back then. You had to pay 'extra' to have aircons installed.

Ganon din for radio / cassette players. Extra amenities.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by GlennSter
    eksakli!!!
    Ngayon, nakabulanta lahat na kalokohan at kapalpakan... No progress... I'd prefer the former...

then again, this aint a political thread...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by FrankDrebin
    Mukhang fresh pa sa memory mo ah.
    si Ungas kasi ang nagtake ng mga pics na yan. nakasulat sa likod ng picture kung anong lugar yun, di ba Jon? ;)
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i feel ecstatic when i saw the pics. it only proves that the more industry tries to improve peoples' lifestyles the more the environment gets ugly. WOW Philippines talaga yung mga nasa pics...........

Theveed: nice pix bro. I am a self confessed nostalgic fool. I am also a history buff and I love glossing over old photos of Manila(and it's environs) and reading the history of the old city. I was reading a book about Intramuros the other week Muslims were already established and ruling Manila when the Spaniards came. Ermita area was already considered suburbs as it was outside the wall of Intramuros. After Ermita many old rich families moved to New Manila. An old aunt of mine also said that Proj.4 area is considered very far already back then. When I have the chance to travel abroad I like walking in the inner cities, looking at museums and old buildings and wondering it must have been nice to live in Manila back then. May Tranvia pa nun and wala pang pollution. Kung wala lang traffic (or at least managed) and malinis ang air natin, malaki ang gaganda ng Manila. I saw some old plans of the Circumferential roads (e.g C3, C5) and the Radial roads and it is really nice. From the bay of Manila the C roads are like ripples or half circles going out side the city and radial roads cutting it. Same as what you have in big cities in Europe like Paris and Munich. I've visited a couple of major cities abroad and everytime, sabi nga.... there is no place like Manila. I think in our own way as tsikoteers we can contribute to bringing back the glory of what Manila was back then. Things like disciplined driving, wag magtapon ng kalat sa kalye (this I cant understand why some educated people throw out thrash outside the windows of their cars when it is basic logic to place it inside a thrash bin) or even maintaining our cars so that we dont emit excessive pollutants. Big part of the glory back then were the people, the Manilenyos who had pride in being Filipinos. Somehow we have to rediscover this lost pride. Sa atin simula nyan.

P.S bawal umiyak

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Ganda ng Manila Dati ah...