New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Is it advisable to get units with store warranty vs the brand warranty? The price diff is significant.

Sabi ng saleslasy, if magkaproblem during warranty period yung unit, you can't bring it to the official service centers, sa kanila daw mag papaayos. Kung gusto ko daw sa service center e me bayad na.

Are these the "no warranty" gray units being sold online, for which they provided/invented store warranty?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Is it advisable to get units with store warranty vs the brand warranty? The price diff is significant.

Sabi ng saleslasy, if magkaproblem during warranty period yung unit, you can't bring it to the official service centers, sa kanila daw mag papaayos. Kung gusto ko daw sa service center e me bayad na.

Are these the "no warranty" gray units being sold online, for which they provided/invented store warranty?
    What particular gadget?

In general though, I prefer buying from those with manufacturer warranties. Just recently I bought a new camera and the price diff of the grey unit to the Canon unit was about 3-5k for the body alone. Pretty small price to pay for peace of mind.

Usually, for store warranties, they only offer service/labor warranty - any part that needs to be replaced will be charged to the owner.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    What the heck is a store warranty ? Wala naman service center ang mga tindahan. It's pure BS kaya better take the manufacturer's warranty.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Lets say iphone

Store warranty = smart center /globe / lazada

Brand warranty = mac center

Tama ba?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    smart and globe provides manufacturer warranty.

lazada gives store warranty.

manufacturer warranty provides guarantee in case of parts failure, they will repair or replace the unit free of charge.

store warranty/service warranty will repair the defective unit for free (labor only) but will charge you for the parts that needs to be replaced. pretty useless imho.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Lets say iphone

Store warranty = smart center /globe / lazada

Brand warranty = mac center

Tama ba?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ang store warranty po yung hindi galing sa authorized distributors, hence sa store lang nila yung warranty, alam ko di covered yung fees sa parts replacement, sila lang sa labor. Though it's best if you clarify with them ano included sa store warraty.

You would know if may Brand/Manufacturer's warranty ang isang product pag may seal ng distributor, stated naman dun yung warranty.

I believe iba po ang case sa iDevices, kasi lahat sila may international warranty except sa software. (Said the guy from PowerMac) so tatanggapin nila kahit saan pa binili as long as hardware yung issue.

Pero nung wala pa iPhones sa Apple resellers di daw nila tinatanggap for repair, balik na lang daw kung saan nabili. I dunno lang ngayon na nagbebenta na din sila ng unlocked iPhones baka pwede na din magpagawa sa kanila.

Kahit ata Lazada may mga store warranties din sila, kung "import" nakalagay sa item description.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    ang lazada kasi is a glorified OLX. learned thid the hard way. bought a canon printer via lazada but canon philippines did not honor the warranty. di raw kasi nila vendor ang lazada. later ko pa nalaman ma ibang seller pala ito but facilitated by lazada

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Ang dami na namin nabili na phone sa lazada or kimstore sa buog family. Never a single problem. May 7 days replacement naman e. Pag lemon yun lalabas at lalabas agad yun. Minsan 30k na phone 5k rin ang difference e

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    It really boils down to the peace of mind vs 3k to 5k discount. If you opt for the cheaper store warranty at walang naging problem, swerte mo.

Sa dami kong nababasa ng review ng mga online store, maganda lang review sa acquisition ng item. Pag tungkol na sa warranty claim dun lumalabas ang pahirapan.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yeah. Was browsing through Lazada, almost all of their products indicate NO WARRANTY. So, it's a bit of a gamble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast