New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    FRENCH PARLIAMENTARY SYSTEM UNPALATABLE TO FVR

MANILA, January 14, 2006 (STAR) By Paolo Romero - Former President Fidel Ramos prefers the British parliamentary system, which is headed by a prime minister and with no president, over the French model with a strong president that is championed by Speaker Jose de Venecia Jr.

Yesterday, Ramos denied reports that he had dropped his call for President Arroyo to step down next year and push for a shift to a parliamentary system of government after a meeting with Mrs. Arroyo on Wednesday.

Ramos rejected De Venecia’s suggestion that the Philippines adopt the French parliamentary system of government, saying it is "almost a replica of the status quo here in the Philippines."

In a dinner meeting Wednesday, Ramos met with Mrs. Arroyo and De Venecia at Mrs. Arroyo’s Forbes Park residence in Makati City to thresh out their differences ahead of today’s high-level meeting of the ruling party Lakas-Christian Muslim Democrats.

Full Story

The backdoor negotiations are moving into high gear...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    FVR should attend to Ming's Garden na lang at mag relax...

stop it already FVR...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    may hidden agenda rin si FVR e dahil corrupt rin siya like the centinial something in pampanga ba yun and etc. kaya gusto niya laging presidente yung mga manok niya para hindi siya magalaw. kaya up to now nakiki-epal pa siya as if he's still the president. parang puppet lang niya sila gma, cory and jdv. kung opposition maging president, he'll try to bring them down or try makisama para makapag manipulate ulit.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    pag naging Brit parliamentary tayo tawag natin sa mga tongressmen, either Duke or Lord or Knight hehehe

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    pag naging Brit parliamentary tayo tawag natin sa mga tongressmen, either Duke or Lord or Knight hehehe
    di pwede! commoner sila eh! di pwede! di ako papayag! sino ba naman papayag na yun Lord mo eh masmukha pang slave sa iyo? hehehehehe

i dont think tatawagin silang ganun kasi wala naman tayong king diba?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Malamang may hidden agenda yan si Ramos may gagawin hindi maganda yan mas gusto ko pa rin president kaysa ibahin pa at mahihilo na ako kapag nangyari yan..

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    baka naman gusto nyang maging hari.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    FVR gusto parliamentary kase mababago lahat...may chance sya uli makaupo...
    FVR- dba yun ang presidente nung nagkaroon ng oil deregulation law, clark expo na di naman pinakikinabangan ngayun, Megadike ek-ek at bumaba ang piso from $1=25 to almost 40something....
    hay naku...eh yung building lang namin sa Makati eh, sya nagpagawa daming palpak.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    i thought they are called MP (Member of Parliament). but i really like the England parliamentary system. their debate are televised live and you will really see how intelligent their MPs are...and you also see how clever the prime minister in answering the questions of every MP who don't agree with his policies. the best parliamentary system i've seen so far.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i still prefer electing a president who is directly answerable to the people. i do not like a prime minister who is elected by his own dogs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
FVR prefers Brit Parliamentary System