New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Heard on radio this pm!

sa party daw ni loren, dumating si fpj, eh present daw yong senate media, questions were thrown in, game namang sinagot..

eh napunta yong topic/question sa peso devaluation -- then the curt reply na tsaka na yan, then the hawi boys came in..

eh natural na turn off sa tanong at pinagbalingan daw mga reporters ng dyaryo na hindi friendly sa kanya like inq, philstar and so on...

the senate media MIGHT boycott fpj daw pag nag pa press release..

same topic were discussed over dzmm and dzbb, wala sa tv

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    from inquirer:

OPPOSITION presidential candidate Fernando Poe Jr. for the first time gave journalists a glimpse of his temper as he cut off their persistent questions with a sharp look and a voice raised a notch higher than normal that were enough to send them cowering away.

Poe, who attended the birthday bash of running mate Loren Legarda, was visibly irked by reporters when they started asking him about his reactions to a number of issues ranging from the Supreme Court's decision to suspend the execution of two convicts, the peso plunge, to his platform of government, which he has not presented to the public.

"It was an experience. I felt I was the shock absorber of the group since I was the one nearest to him," said Manila Standard reporter Rey Requejo who asked all of the questions for the group.

Requejo was about to ask a last one but before he could do so, Poe gave a sharp look and cut him off with a curt, "Huwag na muna (That's enough)."

Poe's response was enough to drive away the other reporters.

People's Journal reporter Jester Manalastas said he was surprised that Poe acted that way. "I was surprised. Ngayon lang ako naka-encounter ng kandidatong ganyan (This is the first time that I have encountered a candidate like that)."

But before this incident, the actor was asked on his reaction to the peso plunge.

Seemingly surprised by the question, Poe said, "Bago 'yan ah, dahil wala pa kaming nilalatag na economic program nagkaroon na ng ano dun, diperensya? Okay 'yan, bago 'yan ah, di ko alam na magkaka-apektuhan ng ganyan? (That's new. Just because we have not presented our economic program, what's wrong? That's okay. That's new. I didn't know that there would be an effect)."

Asked if he thought the slide in the value of the peso was being played up by the administration to blame the political opposition, Poe replied, "Nagkaroon lang ng chain reaction 'yan. 'Pag nagbago ang dollar sa ibang lugar, may chain reaction 'yan (That's only a chain reaction. If the value of the dollar changes in other places, there is a chain reaction)."

Asked to react to the Supreme Court's 30-day reprieve to the two convicted kidnappers, Poe said, "Mabuti naman pinatigil muna (That's good. The execution was suspended)."

He said his position against the imposition of the death penalty remained.

Poe said the government should work hard to keep the economy stable. As to the upcoming elections, he said he was confident the May elections would be credible.

As in the past interviews, Poe's answers to the questions were brief.

The reporters had to push their way through the thick crowd and a swarm of bodyguards to get to Poe's side and had asked Legarda's permission for the interview.

The lady senator, who was seated beside Poe, agreed to the request.

As the interview with Poe was going on, Philippine Daily Inquirer reporter Christine Avendaño said she had to fight it out with burly men who "pressed their way through" to let senatorial candidate Maria Ana Consuelo Madrigal pass so that she could sit near Poe.

Avendaño said she was shoved hard and nearly fell.

Poe greeted Legarda, who turned 44 on Wednesday, amid a frantic crowd of more than 500 at a restaurant in Manila.

"One thing I admired when I first met her (Legarda), she is one person who is very hardworking, ... may all your goals come true," he told his running mate.

Legarda thanked Poe, who she described as "our next president."

"I saw in FPJ (Poe's monicker) the sincerity and integrity that can unite the Filipino people," she said. "Thank you for this honor of being your running mate and for gracing my birthday."

Supporters, friends, and political allies of Legarda graced the birthday bash.

Also in attendance were senatorial candidates of the opposition's Koalisyon ng Nagkakaisang Pilipino (KNP) including Francisco Tatad, Ernesto Maceda, Juan Ponce Enrile, Amina Rasul Bernardo, Madrigal, Ernesto Herrera, and Jose "Jinggoy" Estrada, son of jailed ex-president Joseph Estrada.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Duh! Para namang nasorpresa pa tayo. Hehehe! Wala kasing kargada kaya kung anu-ano pinagsasabi. Subukan nyong naka-Fundador na yan. Dapat sa kanya, magpakabait na sya sa media. Baka sakali pagtakpan pa siya. Well, eventually siya din yayari sa sarili nya. Para tuloy mas matino pa magsalita si Gen. Royette sa kanya. Sheesh!:eek

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Putanginamo, FPJ!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "Seemingly surprised by the question, Poe said, "Bago 'yan ah, dahil wala pa kaming nilalatag na economic program nagkaroon na ng ano dun, diperensya? Okay 'yan, bago 'yan ah, di ko alam na magkaka-apektuhan ng ganyan? (That's new. Just because we have not presented our economic program, what's wrong? That's okay. That's new. I didn't know that there would be an effect)."

------------>> Sagot Bobo!!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    like what I said before... our political system is going something like the movie: DUMB and DUMBERER

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    pagod na pagod na kong mag-isip about the future of our country, naiinis ako, IM FED UP!!!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a friend of a friend, told me na ganito daw ugali ni fpj pag nalasing -- hindi nga sya nagsisinungaling

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hay naku! isa pang problema di naman nagbabasa ng inquirer at iba pang spreadsheets yung karamihan sa mga boboto sa kanya.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hmmm...the question wasn't even an explicit attack...mapanood nga ung presidential debates -- if he even shows up, that is...

i think fred lim got a lot of bad rap for losing his cool on air sa Mel & Jay presidential debates...shall we see a repeat?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
FPJ ... damage control ongoing?