New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    baka may comments kayo regarding this. anybody use this products?
    thinking of buying one to keep important documents at home.

for those who have
    is Sentry brand worth it? relatively expensive kasi compared with other brands
    thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by guido View Post
    baka may comments kayo regarding this. anybody use this products?
    thinking of buying one to keep important documents at home.

for those who have
    is Sentry brand worth it? relatively expensive kasi compared with other brands
    thanks
    not sure about sentry but what i have is the honeywell.rated 2hrs.
    check mo brod yong rating nong bibilhin mo.baka good for 30mins lang capacity tupok na he he he.mas maganda bilhin mo yong can stand up to 5hrs na sunog para safe talaga.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Sentry security is a very good brand. They are specialies in vault and security alarm, they are not the best (# 1) in the market but a damn good one.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have a Sentry fire safe but I stopped using it because I accumulated too many documents that they wouldn't all fit anymore. Also, fire safes are a bit tedious to maintain in the sense that you have to open them every few days to keep moisture from building up and making your papers soggy.

Still, a fire safe is a good investment if you keep a lot of irreplaceable documents at home. I should know. My dad (God rest his soul) lost many records that he kept when a fire gutted his home several years ago; it was very hard for him to recover from that setback.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    meron din pala ratings yan up to how many hours of fire, research ko ulit
    sale din kasi sentry ngayon till dec 31

thanks sa mga replies

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    There is a shop in Quezon Ave cor Araneta Ave, same building as Thunder Automotive that sells safes and vaults. Cant remember the name and tel no. They are expensive but they have good stuff. Bought our office safe from them. Had a break in and the thieves were not able to defeat the safe. Brand is Winchester, made in US. They also sell Kingdom brand from Thailand. This is what I use a home.

A good local brand is protech. http://protech.com.ph/ If its good enough for the banks, its more than what we need.

As for Sentry, I've used them and I think you can do better for the price. Although, I've never tested how they perform in a fire or break-in.

Whatever you do, don't buy a model with a digital lock. Sakit sa ulo yan. I've had to replace 2 digital locks with the ordinary dial type.
    Last edited by userfriendly; December 30th, 2007 at 09:40 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    userfriendly,
    thanks sa additional info. may local pala nito.
    sentry and honeywell (brinks) lang alam ko kasi.

i'm not planning to get the digital. may battery pa to maintain. homeuse lang naman and mainly for fire protection lang need ko.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Help me decide. Need to buy a safe for the store. Choices are Kingdom and Protech. Price is similar.

Kingdom is from Thailand. Internal volume is double that of Protech. Bolts are less than an inch thick, guessing 3/4 inch. Fire rating of 1700F for 1 hour. Has 2 internal drawers, nice but not needed. Weight 165 kgs. Bolt down kit is optional and will cost additional 1200 pesos.

Protech is locally made. Used by a lot of banks here. Bolts are 1.25 inches thick. Internal volume half of Kingdom brand. Its a burglar and fire resisting safe but they did not mention how long it can resist attack. They claim that it is protected against oxy-acetylene torch, penetrating tools and pneumatic or hydraulic attack. Weight is 475 kgs.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    'Got one since '97. Its a Sentry keyed type (not the one with combinations). It's sturdy and heavy. 'Used it to keep our important documents - titles, certificates and passports. Also, some jewelries and watches.

firesafe/anti theft vault