New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    If there are 50k undocumented Koreans in the Philippines, then the Philippines should throw them out of the country. But, I didn't see 50k Koreans in the Philippines let alone 50k undocumented ones mentioned by the thread starter. Are there other articles that shed light on the actual numbers of Koreans in the Philippines both legally and illegally?
    http://immigration.gov.ph/cms/index....=154&Itemid=78

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Well, it was easier to just Google stuff. According to this:

http://www.manilatimes.net/national/...70322top1.html

The number of undocumented Koreans in the Philippines could reach as high as 100k.

If RP and ROK wish to enforce the rules, they both will be within their legal bounds.

Obviously with such big number of Koreans, the Korean mafia or whatever they call it has to be in the picture. The Philippines, the way it already is, would be a haven for them. The Korean National Police will also be in the picture.

Of course, at this point, it would be beyond the scope of the original article.

So, going back to the original thread........ 15k Pinoys vs 100k Koreans being booted out...... I'd say the Philippines has the better leverage.... If it can take the potential loss of business, that is.

OT
    I really should visit the Philippines again. I want to see how the Koreans changed the landscape there, culturally and economically. I had a great time in their country. I'd like to see how they are over there.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's actually very simple. Deport all the illegal immigrants back... Korean and Pinoy.

The terrible thing is we take this for granted here, that people can leave on falsified papers and pretenses to work abroad. Sure, it helps them economically, but what about the poor people in the other country, who are there either as natural citizens or as legal immigrants, whose jobs you've taken?

To complain about the imminent deportation of those of their number who did not go through proper legal processes in getting to Korea shows the implicit acceptance of "fixers" and human smuggling within that organization.

Which is puzzling to me. So far as I've seen, fixers are no good. They extort tons of money from those they send over, put them through hardships in the process of filing illegal papers (false credit reports, fake IDs) and running around the world (sometimes getting "cached" in countries where the target country is more lax in issuing visas) and finally playing games of hide and seek with immigration officials in the target country.

It's even sadder when you stop to think about the fact that a legitimate agency can get the worker there for less money with no hassle.

Worse for Filipinos seeking visas to travel legitimately to other countries, as they're put under the microscope simply for being Filipino.

Heck, even legal recruiters sometimes make off like bandits. Consider the shortage in terms of manpower in other countries for certain fields. Some companies can and do directly hire Pinoys. At no cost to the hiree. We've found out that acting as the middleman (as the school that graduates workers), we can get jobs abroad for people at minimal to no cost for the students. Some recruiters do it at exorbitant cost to the students... after getting money from the company in need of personnel. Hmph.

Deport. Discourage people from seeking illegal channels of employment. Go after the illegal recruiters. Strengthen Government service for OFWs and wannabe OFWs. End of story.
    Last edited by niky; July 21st, 2007 at 10:25 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    This is about harassment and extortion.

If the Sokors catch TNT pinoys in their country, hindi naman nila siguro kikikilan. Idedeport lang.

Dito, detention, harassment, extortion. Sino foreigner naman ang hindi magsusumbong sa embassy nila?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    heard on the radio, according to libanan (immig comm). many illegal filipinos in korea works in dangerous job na ayaw ng mga koreano. how wtrue is that kaya and waht kind of work?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    That's exactly the reason why rich countries have to import cheap foreign labor.

Coz their locals find those kind of work too degrading or dangerous or dead-end... like cleaning toilets or handling toxic chemicals or any kind of work where u can fall and die or lose ur limbs.

Only desperate people from poor countries are willing to accept those kind of jobs.

That's economics.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sequoia View Post
    heard on the radio, according to libanan (immig comm). many illegal filipinos in korea works in dangerous job na ayaw ng mga koreano. how wtrue is that kaya and waht kind of work?
    I wonder what kind of dangerous jobs are those? I mean what kind of job would be too dangerous to a Korean? When I was there, I had Korean laborers deliver my stuff. There was a skinny 5' 1" Korean guy who lugged a full-sized (american) refrigerator on his back 3 floors on a steep, narrow staircase to my apartment. My building was a commercial building with the top two floors converted to apartments. So, those stairs were long. Just climbing those stairs with grocery bags can get a bit tiresome and this guy had a fridge on his back. After the fridge, he came back up with my dryer, also on his back.......They're willing to do things the hard way. So, I have to wonder what job would be too dangerous for them....

Seeing stuff like that above and training in the field with ROK troops are reasons why I have a healthy respect for the Koreans.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 21st, 2007 at 12:36 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    who started it?
    I think some Pinoy Customs Officials started it by extorting money from some South Koreans who are over staying in the country.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sige kayo...pag nag expel kayo ng Koreano, baka hindi na mag export ng telenovela ang Korea sa Pinas...paktay tayo jan

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    wag nyo ide-deport si sam oh :cry:

one a more serious note, i don't see how Pinoys become inferior to Koreans with this article.

looks like both countries are a bit lax in their immigration laws.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Filipinos in HK hit Korean retaliation