• Worse

2 25.00%
  • the same

5 62.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hard question here.

Why? kasi compared to the other SEA countries we seem to be lagging economically. Yet, we the most exportable people/experts compared to other nations. So obviously the Philippines is rich with talent and resources. It is a paradox. kasi other SEA countries (even after a meltdown) recover yet we spiral down.

What is your opinion on this?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Personally, I think we are all the same.
    Pinoys are better at some areas like English, but our neighbors are fast catching up. Other people are more disciplined than us, but we are more adaptable than them. (maybe thanks to colonial rule) So perhaps we shouldn't focus too much on whether we are better, but rather, what skills we can further improve/specialize on to make us uniquely marketable all over the world. And even before we think of marketing ourselves globally, perhaps we should focus on improving work opportunities to retain our best people. The fact of the matter is, we produce good people but cannot provide them with the career opportunities they deserve, hence, the mass exodus.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    We are better 20 years ago...now worst

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Pansin ko lang po... we are better-looking...

Lalo na vs HK & SG... :evillaugh

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    yes we are.. doing better now compared to other asean contries

Myanmar
    Cambodia
    Lao PDR
    Thailand
    Vietnam
    Brunei
    Christmas Island (meron pala nito)
    Cocos (Keeling) Islands
    East Timor
    Indonesia
    Philippines
    Malaysia
    Singapore

im no economist, but from what I see in my surroundings, I think the philippines is doing better unlike before, since roads and infrastructure are better the peso is getting stronger, even some poor people can afford to buy motorcycles now, that means filipinos have buying power which is good for the economy.

Actually I was a pessimist before like a lot of pinoys, always looking at the worst possibilities that can happen. we should stop blaming others especially the president, politicians etc.. let them do their jobs and just do yours either they are doing a good or bad job then that's their deal as long as you are doing your best for the society then that's excellent... since blaming each other will provide 0% resolution and this will just drag us down.

Moving forward, Change should start on oneself, just do good to others, do your job well and try to be contented with what you have.. that's what I will pass on to my children and hopefully they will provide a better and bright future for our country.
    Last edited by C#@RD; December 6th, 2006 at 11:55 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    better in singing

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    AF1 > *

:fly:

Edit AF1 + singing = :drool:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For some reason, we pinoys suck so bad when we're in our own country, but do so well in other countries, IMO.

Perfect example would be sa road manners. When overseas (or even in Subic!) marunong sumunod sa mga 4-way stops ang mga pinoy tsaka nasa tamang lane lagi, but when in the Pinas, all hell breaks loose na. Siguro it's because there's a mentality na "nice guys finish last (or get to their destination last) so why should I let that bus or jeep delay my trip"

Then siguro yung mentality na yan extends to work and business as well. "Everyone's a cheat and making easy money, so why shouldn't I do the same"

I don't think this applies to all people. Pero marami parin tao ganyan ang mentality. Minsan, kasama na rin ako dyan (sa driving, not cheating for money. :P )

Pagdating naman overseas, may respect for the law kasi siguro nare-recognize ng pinoy na "bisita ako dito".
    Last edited by kevinp; December 7th, 2006 at 05:57 AM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
    For some reason, we pinoys suck so bad when we're in our own country, but do so well in other countries, IMO.
    AHAHAHA... natawa ako sa statement na ito kasi its sooooo true. Don't wanna try to explain why because it'll just give me headaches, but it's true.

There is an exception though for Pinoys overseas. Pag nagsama sama ang mga Pinoy kahit saang bansa, bumabalik yung mga masasamang ugali. Yung inggitan, pulitika, etc., mga baho na dinadala hanggang sa ibang bansa.

As an individual (or even as a family), magaling mag integrate sa foreign society ang Pinoy. Pero as a group, hindi.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    We have to be on our toes all the time to be globally competitive.

So, I would always tell my troops, that the rest of the ASEAN are now at par with our capabilities. Gone were the days when we were the best country and people in Asia (or the ASEAN region for that matter).....

:starwars:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Are Filipinos better that their ASEAN neighbors...or?