New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Yep, stressed talaga dahil sa kahirapan. Defense mechanism na lang ng mga Pilipino yung "making the best out of a bad situation" which is good but still doesn't solve the overall problem. Dig deeper and you'll see how depressing it really is.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i think this is kinda different from asking people if they're happy

Asked about their feelings, GallupÂ’s annual Global Emotions report found 58% of Filipinos in 2018 to have experienced stress the day before the survey.
    ung araw araw dealing with traffic is stressful kahit may sariling kotse ka, kahit may driver ka pa, what more kung commuter ka

ung mga pasingit singit na motor stressed din mga yan sa pagdiskarte makarating sa pupuntahan

ung high population density -- obviously living in a squatters colony is stressful... pero kahit angat ka sa buhay nakatira sa middle class residential area kaliwa't kanan nakapark sa kalye mga sasakyan... nahihirapan ka lumabas at pumasok ng bahay mo hindi ka ma-i-i-stress?

ung demands ng capitalist boss mo, mga rush, mga deadline

ung project manager ka may schedule magbubuhos ng semento pero may logistics problem

kahit CEO ka pa, kung CEO ka ng Manila Water di ka ma-i-stress? (nag resign na yata)

so people think only poor people experience stress?

kahit masarap ang homelife mo... 24/7 aircon, netflix and chill, lalabas at lalabas ka parin ng bahay and you need to face the traffic

someone mentioned social media -- yeah everyone's life is perfect no? yeah right... so everyone tries to keep up and one up each other... stressful yan

relationships -- there's a lot of cheating going on nowadays regardless of socioeconomic status... i don't care how rich you are when you find out the person you love is cheating on you you got a problem
    Last edited by uls; April 28th, 2019 at 01:07 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005

ung mataas na suicide rate among young koreans

Suicide No. 1 cause of death for S. Korean teens, youths

SEJONG -- Suicide was the No. 1 cause of death among teens and young people in South Korea in 2016, with the suicide rate rising over the past decade, a report showed Thursday.

According to the report by Statistics Korea, the suicide rate per 100,000 for those aged 9-24 stood at 7.8 in 2016, up from 7.4 in 2003 and 7.2 in 2015. The corresponding figure was 10.3 in 2009.
    Many teens and young people are under the gun to get good grades and do well academically, which has been cited for causing them to feel suicidal, with economic factors contributing to the pressure.

The report showed that 37.2 percent of young people said they suffer from chronic stress in 2017, compared to 46.5 percent a decade ago, with pressure from school and work being the main contributors.
    nandun na tayo

people in rich countries also get stressed

pinoys may not work themselves to death like the japanese

pinoy students may not feel pressure to get good grades like koreans (pasang awa lang ok na)

iba ang nag papa-stress sa pinoy

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ung kagustuhan makisabay sa kaibigan kamaganak kapitbahay bumili ng bagong oto na hulugan tapos nahihirapan mag bayad stressful yan

--

if you ask a random person on the street, in the supermarket, in a mall, at the office "are you experiencing anything stressful today? how about yesterday?"

chances are you'll get a yes

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Dalwa kasi klase ng stress

dapat kasi alamin nyo yan para di na kayo ma stress.

In studies most Pinoys are depressed because they lack self-esteem, most Pinoys have self-confidence. Kita naman motor lang kala mo kung sino sa kalsada.

But deep inside, you need both, self-esteem and self-confidence. Self-esteem is internal, while Self-confidence is gained from external factors, like winning against others.

If You have both , then you will have positive approach to stress, and therefore, more Eustress .that is needed by your body to move onto the nect level.

If not, then manifestations will be feeling of low self-worth and depression. Kitang-kita - dali ma out of focus sa Duterte issues, Nakikisawsaw sa Game of Thrones and Endgsme posts. i call it escapism.

Pero sa totoo lang FilipinosÂ’ main defect is crab mentality and backstabbing. Oo madami ka nga expensive cars, magana bag mo, you always eat in nices restos but that wont contribute to your inner development coz deep deep inside, you never really experienced honest to goodness success.

Tagal ko na alam yan, and Im sure a lot of intelligent think tank Pinoys are applying this too to weak Filipinos. Therefore, contributing to more distress. mas proftiable kasi if people have succumbed to distress: stress eating, stress shopping, audience sa fake news , etc...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post

In studies most Pinoys are depressed because they lack self-esteem, most Pinoys have self-confidence. Kita naman motor lang kala mo kung sino sa kalsada.

But deep inside, you need both, self-esteem and self-confidence. Self-esteem is internal, while Self-confidence is gained from external factors, like winning against others.

If You have both , then you will have positive approach to stress, and therefore, more Eustress .that is needed by your body to move onto the nect level.

If not, then manifestations will be feeling of low self-worth and depression. Kitang-kita - dali ma out of focus sa Duterte issues, Nakikisawsaw sa Game of Thrones and Endgsme posts. i call it escapism.

Pero sa totoo lang FilipinosÂ’ main defect is crab mentality and backstabbing. Oo madami ka nga expensive cars, magana bag mo, you always eat in nices restos but that wont contribute to your inner development coz deep deep inside, you never really experienced honest to goodness success.

Tagal ko na alam yan, and Im sure a lot of intelligent think tank Pinoys are applying this too to weak Filipinos. Therefore, contributing to more distress. mas proftiable kasi if people have succumbed to distress: stress eating, stress shopping, audience sa fake news , etc...
    Profound! Bro.minicarph, profound!
    Last edited by CVT; April 28th, 2019 at 02:18 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Malamang yun mga bubuyog ang na stress sayo
    Eh? I noticed the survey dealt with experiencing stress "yesterday" only. I was happy, not stressed yesterday because the exterminators dealt with the bee problem. But, if they asked if I was stressed "the day before yesterday," then, I'd answer yes. Those bee stings were no joke. They were quite painful.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    I think no one's saying that stress is exclusive to poor people. It's just that the stress levels of rich people in general are less significant compared to those at the bottom of the society. Struggling daily for food security alone is much worse than getting stuck at a heavy traffic.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2017

Di ba ikaw centered ang buhay mo sa external validation? You have the need to please your friends in social media. Don't you think that's a sign of low self-esteem?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Filipinos among world's most stressed people, survey says