• A joint account with personal accounts each

1 100.00%
  • Only personal accounts each

0 0%
  • Others

0 0%
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For those married... (with and without kids)

How do you handle the family finances?

Do you have a joint account for the family expenses and personal accounts to personal stuff?

Or do you simply put all your money into a single joint account?

Or do you both have personal accounts and either person pays?

Or what?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    we have a joint savings account where we put in everything that we split up for expenses and family savings .. and a personal account for anything na matira .. which is literally just tira tira ..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I am an OFW. May joint ATM account kami ni misis, dun ako nagdedeposit ng monthly allowance para sa bahay (may konting excess para may savings din sya) plus yung monthly payment para sa car financing (auto-debit) plus payment ng credit cards.

Aside from that, I have my own savings (peso/dollar) account (ATM) at several banks. My wife knows all the pin so in case of emergency ay makaka-withdraw sya agad or if something happens to me while in abroad (wag naman sana) ay she can immediately withdraws the money without submitting numerous papers/docs to banks just to claim our money.

It is better to be honest with your wife so you will gain her trust. Anyway, I consider my salary as our conjugal property but you need to decide the financial aspect just to make the future safe.

SHARING IS CARING.....

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^^ Same w/ Welscua.

Ganyan din ang set-up namin ni Misis.

Family Expense Accounts?