New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    The ones i see online are between $150 - 250. If they're really that good, i'd bite. If you average out the cost over 5-10 years, carry lang.

Locally natanungan ko between 5k - 12k, kaso super nipis. Only the super thin lens would fit, so kung mataas masyado grado, di na pwede

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    The ones i see online are between $150 - 250. If they're really that good, i'd bite. If you average out the cost over 5-10 years, carry lang.

Locally natanungan ko between 5k - 12k, kaso super nipis. Only the super thin lens would fit, so kung mataas masyado grado, di na pwede
    Oo nga pala, depende din sa glass.

So yung oakley prescrition medyo manipis din for higher grade glasses?
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; July 30th, 2016 at 07:09 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    i think i got some bad pairs of eyeglass frames from Quiapo. Yung main ko, nabili yung rim, my backup pair na plastic, nagcrack and broke off after less than one month of use :p

i think i'll stick with metal this time around, kahit papano me flex. Hanap hanap na lang ng flexy titanium pag me sale
    baka hindi original frame yung nabili mo sa Paterno, Quiapo. yung akin, dyan ko rin pinagawa ang glasses ko. so far after 1 year, OK pa yung frame ko

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    any experiences w/ Air Titan? i hope it's not made by the CARTEL known as Luxottica who owns both ray-ban and oakley as well as many "fashion" brands. basically a cartel that keeps prices high to maintain their huge profit margins

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

One of the temples of one of my better pairs of eyeglasses got broken on where it screws on the lens frame.

Hard for me to replace the temple since it is flex-hinged... And when I approached optical shops,- they're recommending to replace the eyeglass frame and resize the lens... Because of my eye-condition, the lens are expensive, too... whew! ...

I am afraid if they resize the lenses to fit the new frames,- they will miss the alignment and the eyeglasses will practically be useless...

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

31.5K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

One of the temples of one of my better pairs of eyeglasses got broken on where it screws on the lens frame.

Hard for me to replace the temple since it is flex-hinged... And when I approached optical shops,- they're recommending to replace the eyeglass frame and resize the lens... Because of my eye-condition, the lens are expensive, too... whew! ...

I am afraid if they resize the lenses to fit the new frames,- they will miss the alignment and the eyeglasses will practically be useless...

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

31.5K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
    You using progressive or bifocal lenses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    You using progressive or bifocal lenses?

Near sighted.....Lenses are progressive + transition + very heavy on grade and astigmatism....

Let's just say that without my eyeglasses, everything looks real fuzzy....😉

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Near sighted.....Lenses are progressive + transition + very heavy on grade and astigmatism....

Let's just say that without my eyeglasses, everything looks real fuzzy....[emoji6]
    Agree with your concern that if they adjust the size of your existing lens to fit a new frame, the center might get misaligned and the progressives won't work properly. Better make sure that the optical shop will guarantee their work if that's the case.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015

Let's just say that without my eyeglasses, everything looks real fuzzy....😉

i was thinking of upgrading to transition/progressive, quote was 14k for the lens only...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    4500 saken sa quiapo with nike frame

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast