New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Need help guys, esp with knowledge to these matters.
    My cousin’s notification letter dated Mar 5, 2006 arrived. that a visa number is currently available (for US immigrant) and it says that she should reply within 1 year from the date. She was petitioned as single but she’s already married now. She’s considering an annulment for the future of her 3 kids, her husband knows about it and he’s willing to go to the process since it’s only annulment for convenience.
    My cousin has contacted a consultant of a certain group of lawyers for a a certain amount (my cousin won’t disclose) Is this possible to materialized in less than a year? Any suggestions please. TIA
    Last edited by XTO; April 11th, 2006 at 04:37 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    mukhang mahihirapan ang cousin mo dito ..

iyon kapitbahay namin sa province ganito din ang sitwasyon ,,ng nag apply ay single pa bigla nag asawa ,na question pa tuloy bakit daw bigla nag iba status ,pinaliwanag pa na biglaan pag aasawa .na delay ng nadelay tuloy ,hanggang ngayon hindip a nakakaalis

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    E kung i-file nalang kaya nya sarili nya as single, wag nalang nyang i-submit marriage certificate nya, pero ipalabas nya na may anak na sya. Then after na maging US citizen na sya, magpakasal sila uli sa simbahan, tapos yun ang ilagay nyang date of marriage para lusot. Pwede kaya yun?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    mas mapapadali kaya kung "fictional" adultery ang grounds

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess it'll depend on the grounds you'll cite in the petition for annullment. Unless there's a defect in the essential requirements of marriage, (legal capacity and consent), or in the formal requirements (authority of the solemnizing officer, marriage license, marriage ceremony), your cousin will probably use Art. 36 of the Family Code (or the oft-abused psychological incapacity of one of the spouses) which would take a lot of time (and money).

The fastest annullment I've seen which used psychological incapacity as grounds for annullment took 2 years---and that was without the opposition from the other spouse.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    bro depende din sa category ng petition yan. if ang category nya is F2b, then kahit mag pa annull pa yan, di na pwede kasi ireversible yun. the petition is revoked at the time na nagpakasal sya.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by outmap
    E kung i-file nalang kaya nya sarili nya as single, wag nalang nyang i-submit marriage certificate nya, pero ipalabas nya na may anak na sya. Then after na maging US citizen na sya, magpakasal sila uli sa simbahan, tapos yun ang ilagay nyang date of marriage para lusot. Pwede kaya yun?
    you don't need to submit your marriage cert. The Embassy will find out. Kaya nga tayo may NSO.

i'm not sure if i heard it right from a friend. meron daw 150K months lang areglado na yung annulment non-appearance pa. pero di ba magulo pag nandun ka na sa states?you're annulled to the same person you are marrying in the future?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by city
    i'm not sure if i heard it right from a friend. meron daw 150K months lang areglado na yung annulment non-appearance pa. pero di ba magulo pag nandun ka na sa states?you're annulled to the same person you are marrying in the future?
    mukha nga..for sure masisilip ng government yan.

pero there are people naman talaga na nag divorce na..tapos papakasal ulit sa same person diba?hehehe..lalo na mga puti.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter
    mukha nga..for sure masisilip ng government yan.

pero there are people naman talaga na nag divorce na..tapos papakasal ulit sa same person diba?hehehe..lalo na mga puti.

yeah but i think annulment is different. May mga grounds like insanity, drug addict, incapacitated, etc. The gov't will probably ask, "are you sure you wanna marry this guy again?"....hehehe.

Can you just tell the embassy the truth? You applied as a single then while waiting for the result you fell in love and got married? will they buy this?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Express Annulment (less than a year)