New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    if you want to use it for carrying around or constant sidearm it would be better to get a compact size handgun like MAPP1, Glock, Cezka, Bersa or Taurus preferably a 9mm is the best option..

for in-house i suggest an Armscor shotgun is the best out there no problem w/ maintenance and parts availability..

BUT before buying: Learn First the Basics of Firearm Ownership, its legalities, personal safety features & (positive & negative) effects once you have one..then visit & canvass at known guns stores in the area which can provide a good advice on every unit they're selling...HTH!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    CZ 75 SP01 Shadow gamit ko, you might want to include this on your 9mm list. :thumbup:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Batang Regla View Post
    Bibili ako one 9mm and 45caliber.

Why going for a 45cal? The 9mm would be better since it would be more controllable with less recoil and kick. With less recoil, it would help you get a 2nd or even 3rd shot quickly with minimal time for re-aiming at the target.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Thanks sa advice.

Bibili ako one 9mm and 45caliber.

Sa 9mm at least 4 inches ang barrel length. Sa 45cal dapat 1911 para magaan recoil.

Galing ako gun store. Yung isa puro local benta. Firestorm, Tanfoglio MAP1, Norinco. How reliable ito?

Sa imported naman Ceska, Sig Sauer.

Tapos may nag-advise wag daw glock kasi kumakaboomed daw. Overhyped daw.

Ang nagugulahan pa ako for self-defense kung mas ok SAonly vs SA/DAcombo or DAonly.
    who ever told you that doesn't know much about guns, glock kaboom is always user error. glock is one of the most reliable gun there is. ito ang reason bakit nag kakaboom ang glock:
    Glock barrels use special polygonal rifling not found in most handguns. This rifling is one of the main reasons Glocks are extremely accurate guns. However, the same rifling can cause a high degree of leading when not using jacketed bullets. In other words some lead from the bullet sticks to the inside of the barrel when it is fired. Too much leading can quickly lead to high pressures which can cause the barrel and/or gun to break or even explode.
    taken from this sight: http://www.glockfaq.com/content.aspx..._faq_reloading

to me glock is like the ak since it's very reliable, easy to assemble/disassemble, easy to operate, no need to clean and oil every time you use it. that's why it's so popular. if you want to shoot reloads just change the barrel to be safe, kkm barrel or lonewolf barrel are available locally and at a reasonable price.

you can never go wrong with both the glock and 1911. pero if you want other choices for 9mm i suggest xdm, beretta px4 storm, cz shadow and my favorite sig sauer kaso very expensive ang sig sauer. for 1911 naman, armscor, taurus, colt, kimber also expensive but worth it.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gagamitin ko yung 45caliber for practice and 9mm yung carry.

Salamat sa information about glock "kaboomed" Now i know nasa bala lang pala.

Pag practisan ko SA or SA-DA or DA bilhin ko. Pag 45cal obvious na 1911 single action.

9mm na lang medyo mahirap.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Speaking of Live Ammo! You might want to check this out!

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^
    Any advice saan magaling magturo na firing range?
    also try sa jethro sa may west ave..

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Hindi ko pa natry recoil ng 45 caliber. Sobrang hirap ba talaga?

Sa friday-tuesday na gun show. Malaki din discount.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Magandang Gun show ito para sa mga mahihilig mag Firing at gun Hobbies.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ko pa natry recoil ng 45 caliber. Sobrang hirap ba talaga?

Sa friday-tuesday na gun show. Malaki din discount.
    I'm no expert but I think the best way to handle recoil is to have the proper grip and stance.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Everything about Guns