New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    peeps,

just want to share something that happened to me today, another towing incident that from my perception, was not practiced properly. Of course those tow trucks have a right to tow ilegally parked vehicles, but of all the cars, there were auv's, jeeps and other vehicles why did they tow mine? We parked there a couple of times before, And to make it even more unfair, there wasn't any sign saying that it is illegal to park there. I was parked at Gonzalo Puyat street in Quiapo, Manila. At first when i saw my car gone i thought it was carnapped. Good thing the tow truck guys were kind enough to leave an "Apprehension note" siting the time & place of apprehension, the plate number & type of vehicle, the status of your car and were to redeem it. The impounding area can be found at Carlos Palanca St. also in Quiapo, Manila. While i was walking towards the office in which you can redeem your towed vehicle, there was a handful of very angry and furious car owners who were complaining about the improper practice of their tow trucks. heck, i even overheard one guy that his car was towed while he was still inside! the nerve of this people! The name of the towing company is "Cathy and Kyle towing services" I don't have any friends and relatives in the authorities, but i sure want to let them know this incident. Can you help me peeps? first of all i want to know if that towing company is authorized by Manila City Hall, and also is it still under the jurisdiction of MMDA? SO WATCH OUT WHEN YOU PARK YOUR CAR AT ANY STREET IN MANILA .IF EVER YOU HAVE TO DO LEAVE , DO NOT LEAVE IT UNATTENDED. :mad: and to convince you even more, the amount you have to pay is php 1,500.00 pesos.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    been towed myself years ago. Roxas service road pa iyon.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung pick up ko lang!

nag park ako sa side ng megamall,
    sakto lang naka iwas sa towing zone
    after kong maglakad-lakad bigla na lang wala ang pickup ko.

ayun kinuha ko pa sa may ultra
    1000 ang fine ko.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, along edsa pagkalampas ng guadalupe... pinatow ko nalang sa bahay ko sa timog area tapos nagbayad ng 2k.. shempre binulsa nalang nila yun.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What do you we should do? para sa ibang unsuspecting car owners. I see cars being brought in every 15 minutes. with their furious owners also coming in after...all with the same complaint! i'd like to go back there again and take pictures of the place. I'm pretty sure there was nary a "no parking" sign that was posted there and file a complain to the authorities. or maybe have it investigated at mission x or imbestigador. whatchathink?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    towing is just a friggin racket! Those ijots cause as much traffic as they prevent. My EG got towed in 1995 coz the front end cast a frickin shadow on a frickin zebra lane (ped xing). tangna! 1000 agad! And the brainless lowlifes wrecked my chin spoiler.
    Last edited by pajerokid; July 21st, 2003 at 07:23 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa pasay minsan yung taxi ni erpats. tinulungan lang ng driver yun passenger nya magbaba ng kargada sa trunk, ask nung passenger kung pwede tumulong ilagay dun sa sidewalk. tapos yun na bigla na lang pumara yung tow truck stalled vehicle daw wala driver sa loob. namputsa eh di ba trabaho ng taxi driver na tulungan ang passenger nya? wala na nagawa at may kasama pulis ang mga lintek. reklamo ako ayaw pumayag. compromise na lang daw kasi na-tow na. mga hinayupak na yun! may compromise pang nalalaman.

kaso compute ko na lang magagastos ko pabalik-balik para i-protest yun eh baka ganun din, kaya compromise na nga lang, hati yun P1500 na fine, naging P750 na lang. grrrrr!

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Yung delivery truck namin nahila na. Pumarada sila sa harap nung bababaan ng mga goods sa may divisoria. Nagkataon na may mga pulis na kumakain malapit dun sa lugar kaya ayun, instant kotong (wala sigurong pambayad...). Ang masama pa, binuksan yung pinto sa may passenger side sabay sakay agad. Nagreklamo yung driver namin pero habang nagrereklamo siya, kinakadena na yung truck. Ang k*pal din ng mukha ng mga yun, yung isa sa mga humila eh nakisabay pa sa truck hanggang sa impound area. :mad:

Ingat sa may P. Noval, kapag nahila sasakyan niyo dun sigurado sira bumper.

benchph1:

Kay Mr. Tulfo ng channel 5 mo ireport, ayos yan!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dito sa binondo, kahit madaling araw meron ng nagtotowing, basta walang kan governigth sticker, kaya ingat lang kayo dito

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Buti nga walang nasira sa auto ko when i got it back. at kung meron, *%$!! ibang usapan na yan. What pisses me off is they choose the cars that they want to tow. Pag mga jeep, fx & auv's kahit nakaharang at nakabalandra wala silang pakialam. kapag kotseng naka-porma palibhasa alam nilang may pangbayad, hatak agad. Kahit na, i'm still going to report this abusive people.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Ever been towed anywhere in Manila??