Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    this only God knows.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    parang related ito sa isang thread" if hell exist", parang yung end of the world nangyari na matagalna, at ngayon we are living in hell. kung babasahin mo yung isang thread sabi ng doon hell ito ngayon kung nasaan tayo.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    If I remember it right, I saw this documentary film show on TV way way back and scientists said that the world will live up until its 3000th year! Based on the lifespan of some stars, they were able to calculate the age of the earth and eventually calculating the end of the world.

The earth, just like any star will also die. Diba pag tumingin ka sa sky pag gabi iba't ibang kinang ng stars? Pag bata pa daw ang stars its not that bright yet. But as it grows older, mas nagiging bright at lumalaki pa! Kapag malapit na mag explode, ayun it will peak at its brightest tapos mag disintegrate na. So asteroids, meteors and meteorites are formed because of these explosions.

Di na rin naman natin aabutin ang 3000th birthday ng mundo... hehehehhe Di nga tayo halos umabot ng 100th birthday natin eh! heheheh

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by NightWinger View Post
    End of the world or End of the mankind?
    i guess that is the question that should be asked ...

and i quote my favorite comedian;george carlin

"" .... There is nothing wrong with the planet. Nothing wrong with the planet. The planet is fine. The PEOPLE are f**ked. Difference. Difference. The planet is fine. Compared to the people, the planet is doing great. Been here four and a half billion years. Did you ever think about the arithmetic? The planet has been here four and a half billion years. We’ve been here, what, a hundred thousand? Maybe two hundred thousand? And we’ve only been engaged in heavy industry for a little over two hundred years. Two hundred years versus four and a half billion. And we have the CONCEIT to think that somehow we’re a threat? That somehow we’re gonna put in jeopardy this beautiful little blue-green ball that’s just a-floatin’ around the sun?

The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through all kinds of things worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles…hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worlwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages…And we think some plastic bags, and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet…the planet…the planet isn’t going anywhere. WE ARE!

We’re going away. Pack your sh*t, folks. We’re going away. And we won’t leave much of a trace, either. Thank God for that. Maybe a little styrofoam. Maybe. A little styrofoam. The planet’ll be here and we’ll be long gone. Just another failed mutation. Just another closed-end biological mistake. An evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet’ll shake us off like a bad case of fleas. A surface nuisance..... ""

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    malapit na nga yung magnetic polar shift ... this supported by observations that the magnetic field of the planet have been changing at faster rate ... the data is usually updated every 5 years but it seems it might need to be updated now on yearly basis

when the polar shift occurs, nobody is really sure what will happen ... it might occur transparently, except for navigational confusion ... or it might just trigger worldwide catastrophe where tetonic movements would simply change the face of the earth and climate patterns

malay nyo ... baka magkaroon na ng snow sa pinas! yehey!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    only one person knows kung kailan magugunawa ang mundo....si bush, kung iisipin na niya i attack lahat ng countries then that is the beginning of the end....hehhehehe

seriously, IMO no one really knows, puro estimate lang ang science tapos ang mga new world practitioner is puro off the chart theories....

every year naman lalo na pag new year, laging meron lumalabas na kesyo this year ang end of the world....yeah right...I've been hearing that eversince I was a kid....

akala ko ba sabi ng mga new world experts nun 1998 daw ang end of the world dahil 1998/3=666, 10 yrs had past and yet buhay pa rin ang mundo, then the science came and said that 2000 would be the "year", bec computers would foul up, reseting of the time/year in the system....lo and behold after 7 yrs we are still here...

now, when's the next "end of the world" year? 2012? bec of the mayan theory?...yeah...yeah....

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    2012 is a good year for the world to end. The heck with it, all we have to is be always ready for the end of the world. "Let's fill our lamps with oil" now and not be like the foolish virgins.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I was just thinking about what happened in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina left it in ruins.

There was total collapse of infrastructure and law and order. People looted, there was anarchy, the very young and old and sick died...

It made me think how totally dependent we are on man-made infrastructure.

Things we take for granted like indoor plumbing, electricity, roads, telephones, supermarkets, hospitals, law enforcement....

Our ancestors hunt for food and lived in caves. They drank from streams. They can survive on the barest, crudest essentials. We cant. Many people wont even drink tap water.

Our modern civilization is totally dependent on very fragile infrastructure. (remember how uncomfortable life was after Milenyo struck?)

Think about it... our lives are totally dependent on availability of food from the market, grocery and food stores. We buy water from refilling stations. If there are none of these providers, we cant just shift to hunting and drinking from streams. Many people would starve to death.

People are being kept alive by pharmaceutical drugs and doctors and hospitals. If there's no medicine to buy, no doctors to see, no hospitals to go to, many would die.

We need emergency rooms. We need telephones. We need traffic lights. We need all this stuff to live.

The infrastructure is extremely fragile as demonstrated in New Orleans.

Imagine if something like New Orleans happened on a global scale...

We are actually weaker that our caveman ancestors. They didnt need all this stuff to survive.

Though we do live longer now thanks to vaccines and modern meds, our longer lives are dependent on all this man-made infrastructure. If and when something happens to this infrastructure, the human race is screwed.

And that will be the end of the world as we know it.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pnay_fickle_minded View Post
    yes "the inconvenient truth" by al gore is a documentary that must be watched. With the global warming, i think it is not impossible that the world will be destroyed soon. Much better if we share even a little to save the earth.... No more smokes, no more plastics, etc. Philippines must start to learn how to help save the earth too, like Germany, Japan, etc.
    Watch Ch.4's THE GREAT GLOBAL WARMING SWINDLE. Maraming nag-di-disagree na CO2 causes global warming.

I dunno what to believe now.

But I do believe that the world will be a better place if there are no smokes and non-biodegradable materials.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
End of the World