New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Power gates were problematic before ... not sure now ... neighbor in front couldn't use their gate for a couple of months while waiting for parts ... good thing they had another gate ...
    They appear problematic based on what i have seen before in my old neighborhood but damn they're really useful with the funky weather we have. These were swing out types with mechanisms exposed so if i were to have one i'd probably go with a sliding gate and do the best to keep the mechanism/motor protected from the elements.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    the swing types seem very flimsy

the sliding ones can be toughened by enclosing the slider in heavy-duty rails at the top and bottom, so that the gate can't simply be lifted out

the next problem would be how to securely lock the gate in the closed position. i was thinking of rigging a car alarm to trigger a door actuator that push/pulls on a thick steel locking bar

seems doable

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Parang similar sa gate ng GF ng cousin ko yung gusto mo. May Tap sa gate nila para mag open.

Baka ganito gusto mo. You can install it after the main gate. Don't know how to upload a video pero ganito secure talaga :

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    My friend has something similar...

Safe, well you have to consider na remote controlled sya, so you don't need to get off your vehicle to open your gate late at night.

Pero on the security side, the gate should have a sensor na di sya mag sasarado kung may maiipit.

In my friend's case, after 6 months of use, nasanay sila na atras and alis knowing the gate will automatically close. I can just imagine someone trying to get it knowing that the door will open again kung may maiipit...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    We have a swinging electric gate. My wife got it so we I don't have to get down from the car when it rains. Its solid, so outsiders cannot see through it. Its 1 year old and hasn't had any problems. When leaving, I wait until it's fully closed before driving off. This is to prevent a person or animal from entering while it is closing. It has a sensor that prevents closing if there is anything blocking it.

My niece has a solid sliding gate. It's three years old, and no problems yet too.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I have a sliding power gate with manual over ride (power failure, motor failure). Extremely useful and convenient. I hope it lasts long but if not its relatively easy to replace the motor.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by makinao View Post
    We have a swinging electric gate. My wife got it so we I don't have to get down from the car when it rains. Its solid, so outsiders cannot see through it. Its 1 year old and hasn't had any problems. When leaving, I wait until it's fully closed before driving off. This is to prevent a person or animal from entering while it is closing. It has a sensor that prevents closing if there is anything blocking it.

My niece has a solid sliding gate. It's three years old, and no problems yet too.
    I have a sliding power gate with manual over ride (power failure, motor failure). Extremely useful and convenient. I hope it lasts long but if not its relatively easy to replace the motor.

around how much are these kinds of gates?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Yung nakita ko yung mechanism lang ng swinging gate ang kinabit niya, i think he said 16k

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kakagaling ko Lang sa showroom kanina looking for sliding gate mechanism it cost 68k for complete set that is the cheapest

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Maybe he said 60T and you heard 16T? ...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I have the swing-type gate in my house. Almost 3 years na at never pang nag breakdown. Nagpalit lang ako ng battery ng remote (3xCR2032 batteries).

May backup battery yung swing gate ko so in an event of power failure, pedi pa syang i-operate 10 times open and close ng gate. Meron din syang sensor na mag stop sa gate from closing if may naka block.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Electric sliding gate remote-controlled