New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Let's simplify things: Pag may nasagasaan sa pedestrian lane, kasalanan ng driver, pag wala sa pedestrian lane, kasalanan ng pedestrian, para matakot yang mga pasaway sa kalsada, pedestrians and motorists.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga wala ngang pakialam ang mga kabayan natin kapag andyan...pero kapag nasa ibang bansa sila e ambabait...kasehodang malayo ang tamang tawiran eh don talaga tumatawid...pag-uwi dyan eh balik sa dating gawi.....

dapat ipatupad ng tama ang batas kagaya nyang pedestrian system para naman maumpisahan na na magkadisiplina ang mga kabayan natin....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen
    may overpass na nga eh bakit hindi pa dun dumaan.. tinamad umakyat?!>... hay?!
    Sa Balintawak market marami ring ganyan.

May concrete pedestrian overpass na andun... pero ang kukulit nung iba - lalo na yung mga baggage boys. Kahit na walang dala eh dun pa tumatawid. Yung time na natipid nila sa paghihintay na hindi umakyat eh nawala rin sa paghihintay ng tiempo tumawid.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    it's about time.kailangan na i-dikdik ang disiplina sa mga motorista at pedestriyan!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    *flagg, I ran over a jaywalker once sa coastal road, night time. he was drunk tip toeing as the road was his playground. hit him at 60kph sa right side bullbar. bullbar bent and damaged my right front lights. then his face hit the hood twice and left a mark, then slapped on to the windshield that left a lot of blood, then proceeded on with his travel above the roof and the roof racks, then slumped on the asphalt.

after hitting him, my first instinct was to run. at first I was furious bec. he acted like an idiot crossing a multi-lane highway. pero noon nakita ko sya lying on the road with a small hole in his skull above the left ear, with the smell of blood na sobrang lansa bec. ang dami, nanlumo ako noon sobra.

never knew then that a vehicle like that can inflict such damage to a person's body. I was 19. never mind him being an idiot and a drunk. and never mind the abala and the expenses. tao pa din yun. and from then on, I realized why the law is on the side of the pedestrian ... the person survived after 1 month in the hospital, thank God.

ur right.....but we should always go by the rules....dapat silang matuto kasi safety yun ng both driver at pedestrian. what if sa biglang pagtwid nila umiwas ka at sa kasamaang palad ikaw ang nadisgrasya...ikaw ang naputukan ng bungo, humampas sa wind shiled yung kasama mo or even worst nakatama k p ng ibang sasakyan dahil sa ignorance nila? sino mananagot non? at sa case n ganoon madaling tumakbo at makatakas yung tao.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    never knew then that a vehicle like that can inflict such damage to a person's body. I was 19. never mind him being an idiot and a drunk. and never mind the abala and the expenses. tao pa din yun. and from then on, I realized why the law is on the side of the pedestrian ... the person survived after 1 month in the hospital, thank God.
    That's a very good point you have blue, but... You mean it's ok with you that if he died, under our current situation, you could have gone to jail noon? What did the police say about this? Just curious lang ha (para I can also apply it when it happens to me ), I'm assuming you didn't run so some police must've shown up... how'd you fix this?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi
    ur right.....but we should always go by the rules....dapat silang matuto kasi safety yun ng both driver at pedestrian. what if sa biglang pagtwid nila umiwas ka at sa kasamaang palad ikaw ang nadisgrasya...ikaw ang naputukan ng bungo, humampas sa wind shiled yung kasama mo or even worst nakatama k p ng ibang sasakyan dahil sa ignorance nila? sino mananagot non? at sa case n ganoon madaling tumakbo at makatakas yung tao.
    Oo nga no... di ko naisip yun. Kaya agree me with mam sly vixen re pedestrian lane rules. Wag naman yung driver lang may liability.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oldblue: Just a question. What if back then, you got sentenced to 5-10 years in prison? What would you think of it?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg
    That's a very good point you have blue, but... You mean it's ok with you that if he died, under our current situation, you could have gone to jail noon? What did the police say about this? Just curious lang ha (para I can also apply it when it happens to me ), I'm assuming you didn't run so some police must've shown up... how'd you fix this?

nobody goes to jail naman kapag aksidente talaga not unless tinakbuhan mo at na-trace ka, kasi tantamount to guilt yun. the worst than can happen to you is bayaran mo for life yun pagkalumpo niya or lump sum settlement. my advice wag kayo magbigay ng statement sa pulis kapag wala man lang kayo representation like lawyers. kasi yun mga pulis nag-thrive sa mga ganito, hypocrites ika nga. sa case ko, lasing and may medical record ang hospital so abswelto ako. but my dad, that time, extended goodwill kahit papano, like paying for his hospital bills and some cash for his family but of course with written agreement na hindi na siya maghahabol for life.

I knew 2 friends who already killed pedestrians. isa nangyari sa aurora blvd., isa sa edsa. yun sa edsa sa minalas-malas pa eh nanay ng isang Colonel sa Aguinaldo yun napatay nya. they're both free naman, with NBI records cleared. but both paid a hefty sum kahit hindi nila kasalanan. and also their lawyers executed the same agreement na hindi na maghahabol for life.

sobrang unfair no? pero just put yourselves in the victim's shoes, either na-trauma or nalumpo or na-damage na din sila for life, dahil na din sa katangahan nila. they already paid for their stubborness the minute they got hit by a car.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi
    well all i can say is self-preservation dapat ang priority mo. if given the same situation again na makakabangga ako at mas delikado or too-late na kumabig, didiretsuhin ko pa din sya.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
[Edit] Pedestrians or Motorists: Who's liable?