New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    hmmm... siguro kailangan lang nasa lugar ang responsibilites and liabilities ng both driver at pedestrian. Priority naman dapat ang pedestrian lag. Kaya lang kasi nakakinis na nasa biyahe ka tapos out of nowhere biglang may susulpot sa harap mo. Pag naiwasan mo parang wala lang... kala mo naglalakad sa luneta tsk tsk tsk.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    napapanahon na..........dami nang nagkalat sa lansangan eh!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmm...i remember dati na may panukala si bayani na ganun nga.na pwede pa kasuhan ang jaywalker pag nasaganasaan siya..

ewan ko lang kung ano nangyari dun

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well... according sa news kagabi... tumawid yung babae sa walang pedestrian lane (kahit na may tinayo na mga pedestrian overpass si bayani sa may caloocan).

nung isang araw naman, sa may LRT Quirino. bumaba yung mama sa leftmost lane. ayun, nahagip ng sasakyan.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    well... according sa news kagabi... tumawid yung babae sa walang pedestrian lane (kahit na may tinayo na mga pedestrian overpass si bayani sa may caloocan).
    may overpass na nga eh bakit hindi pa dun dumaan.. tinamad umakyat?!>... hay?!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bravoexo: Paurong? I don't think so. What if you were driving down a major road tapos may biglang tumalon na suicidal right in front of you. He's too close. Even if you slam on your brakes with your two feet, aabutan na talaga. It's not your fault now, is it? I know you wouldn't want to go to jail for a crime you are not guilty of.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravoexo
    Paurong tayo ah.. sa ibang bansa, priority ang pedestrians, kahit jay walking...(well of course if you didn't see the jaywalker, wala talagang magagawa...pero it shouldn't not invite motorist to just mow them down if jaywalking nga sila, right?
    Pag wala sa lugar ang pagtawid, walang kasalanan dapat ang driver. Hindi naman yung sasadyain na sagasaan sila.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I believe that in Japan, a driver who accidentally hits a jaywalking pedestrian is not liable criminally.

When you really construe our laws, a jaywalker is, in fact, violating an ordinance or law so if he/she gets hit by a motor vehicle, so long as there was no negligence on the part of the driver, he should not be liable criminally. Civil damages? That's another matter. Dapat din hindi. Pero mga pulis dito iba ang pagkakaintindi sa batas. Talo ka kaagad kung ikaw ang me sasakyan.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    *flagg, I ran over a jaywalker once sa coastal road, night time. he was drunk tip toeing as the road was his playground. hit him at 60kph sa right side bullbar. bullbar bent and damaged my right front lights. then his face hit the hood twice and left a mark, then slapped on to the windshield that left a lot of blood, then proceeded on with his travel above the roof and the roof racks, then slumped on the asphalt.

after hitting him, my first instinct was to run. at first I was furious bec. he acted like an idiot crossing a multi-lane highway. pero noon nakita ko sya lying on the road with a small hole in his skull above the left ear, with the smell of blood na sobrang lansa bec. ang dami, nanlumo ako noon sobra.

never knew then that a vehicle like that can inflict such damage to a person's body. I was 19. never mind him being an idiot and a drunk. and never mind the abala and the expenses. tao pa din yun. and from then on, I realized why the law is on the side of the pedestrian ... the person survived after 1 month in the hospital, thank God.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dati pa sinabi ni BF na kung jaywalker ang nabundol, di pwede kasuhan yung nakabangga unless naprove na sinadya...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
[Edit] Pedestrians or Motorists: Who's liable?