New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    My goal is NOT to become a racer but instead become a better driver and be able to control my vehicle at high speeds.

So far after googling, i found the following recommendations:
    - practice using go karts - I've inquired at circuit Makati but it seems wala cla program. Kelangan ko lang cguro pumunta dun every weekend and practice. Then race with other folks na nandun.

- racing school - yung Tuazon racing school, requirement nila ata is familiarization with manual tranny. It's been 10 years since I've driven a manual tranny though I play with the (+/-) on my cars.

- racing simulator - I don't know what I need to buy for this yet.
    - practice on the race track - I want to feel confident before I go here.

Any other suggestions?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjax View Post
    My goal is NOT to become a racer but instead become a better driver and be able to control my vehicle at high speeds.

So far after googling, i found the following recommendations:
    - practice using go karts - I've inquired at circuit Makati but it seems wala cla program. Kelangan ko lang cguro pumunta dun every weekend and practice. Then race with other folks na nandun.

- racing school - yung Tuazon racing school, requirement nila ata is familiarization with manual tranny. It's been 10 years since I've driven a manual tranny though I play with the (+/-) on my cars.

- racing simulator - I don't know what I need to buy for this yet.
    - practice on the race track - I want to feel confident before I go here.

Any other suggestions?
    Check w/ AAP, sir.
    Mazda PH is helping local motorsports in a low-key fashion | VISOR PH

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Check w/ AAP, sir.
    Mazda PH is helping local motorsports in a low-key fashion | VISOR PH

Thank you Sir. Do you know how I can join the program? parang di malinaw sa article.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Looks interesting. Thank you

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Try getting in touch w/ AAP, sir. Based way down south, but have seen one of those vehicles.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thank you Sir. Do you know how I can join the program? parang di malinaw sa article.
    Just follow the MSDP (Motorsport Development Program) page on FB. They hold different modules for anyone looking to hone their driving skills.

Module 1 is usually held at the Megatent in Libis. 2.5k entry fee. They conduct this several times a year. You'll learn the basics of car balance especially under braking and cornering - once you learn these things, you can practice even in regular driving as it will help you become a smoother driver.

Then you can join a few trackdays. You don't have to join the more hardcore ones like FORS and PEC. Try starting with Touge Battle - much less stress on the car and less pressure on you as a driver since the community is very chill and accommodating. All sorts of cars join here, from entry level Mirages to Ferraris so you'll find your niche somewhere in the middle.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    first step is this...

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Thank you Jut and Stockengine

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thank you Jut and Stockengine
    MSDP sched for this year: