New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Have you drafted your Last Will and Testament?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 9.09%
  • No

4 36.36%
  • Been thinking about it

5 45.45%
  • Never given it a thought just yet

1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    I dunno if you guys have already thought of drafting your own last will and testaments?

Some people find it "morbid" to think about it at this stage in their lives, some people have already drafted one, while others are already thinking of drafting one.

How about you? Have you given it a thought already? or

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've told myself to prepare one for quite some time, but always seem to forget... Not being morbid or anything, but I've had friends who had their spouses pass away unexpectedly at an early age (below 40) and while there wasn't a huge wealth to settle, the intricacies that banks, insurance, and other financial institutions demand on the surviving relative is quite intensive...

Maybe I should just blog it for easy access hehehe...

IMO, a living will is harder to decide on than a last will hehe...

Here in SG, they actually have free will writing classes in community centers...
    Last edited by theveed; January 6th, 2008 at 12:26 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    I've told myself to prepare one for quite some time, but always seem to forget... Not being morbid or anything, but I've had friends who had their spouses pass away unexpectedly at an early age (below 40) and while there wasn't a huge wealth to settle, the intricacies that banks, insurance, and other financial institutions demand on the surviving relative is quite intensive...

Maybe I should just blog it for easy access hehehe...

IMO, a living will is harder to decide on than a last will hehe...

Here in SG, they actually have free will writing classes in community centers...

That should be a good motivation to write one....

5000:boom:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    huh!? I think I'm still quite young for that...hehehe

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Death doesn't choose the right time, the right place nor status of the person. Even the health conscious people sometimes pass away unexpectedly! So even at an early age, I think about it (writing my last will and testament) once in a while coz you'll never know when you'll need it just as what Sir Theveed said.

We can say we don't even need it 'coz we're still young or we say that we are very healthy and that death is far from happening to you. You just don't know when the good Lord will get you.

I have a friend who married at the age of 26 same age as his wife. When the wife gave birth at the age of 27, 4 days later she died in the hospital due to heart failure... She was very lean, very consious of her health but look at what happened to her. Her daughter was only 4 days old kaya hindi na nya nakagisnan ang kanyang ina.

But lo and behold, my friend's wife pala drafted a last will and testament before she underwent surgery for her childbirth! She told her husband; "Just in case something happens to me..." She said. Kase alam nga nya kapag nanganak and isang babae 50-50 talaga ang chances ng buhay. Maybe she also has forseen what might happen to her...

It was really a sad ending to my friend kase he is now a dad and a mom to his daughter alone. Naunahan pa ng wife nya ang mom nya na may cancer.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post
    I dunno if you guys have already thought of drafting your own last will and testaments?

Some people find it "morbid" to think about it at this stage in their lives, some people have already drafted one, while others are already thinking of drafting one.

How about you? Have you given it a thought already? or
    Facticity of life is: DEATH KILLS! And it lurks all life long!

One is left with two choice as with regards to his/her intentions for the disposal of his/her wealth. Either he/she dies testate or intestate.

Morbid as it may, death can snuff out our dreams and ambitions.... for ourselves and our love ones.

Ponder upon it.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    If one will be making a will, who will keep it? and how one will know if this is genuine?

WBR,

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy View Post
    If one will be making a will, who will keep it? and how one will know if this is genuine?

WBR,
    Good day Sir Innova_Boy, regarding your question, usually a lawyer of the family keeps it until the day of need... Usually handwritten ang mga LWT then a signature of the author at the bottom... Yung iba naka print-out sa computer sabay naka signature ang author sa ibaba or usually bawat page... Parang contrata rin kase po ito...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    My last will is in my life insurance policy.

Designation:

Irrevocable

Relationship:

My Wife

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRider View Post

I have a friend who married at the age of 26 same age as his wife. When the wife gave birth at the age of 27, 4 days later she died in the hospital due to heart failure... She was very lean, very consious of her health but look at what happened to her. Her daughter was only 4 days old kaya hindi na nya nakagisnan ang kanyang ina.

But lo and behold, my friend's wife pala drafted a last will and testament before she underwent surgery for her childbirth! She told her husband; "Just in case something happens to me..." She said. Kase alam nga nya kapag nanganak and isang babae 50-50 talaga ang chances ng buhay. Maybe she also has forseen what might happen to her...

It was really a sad ending to my friend kase he is now a dad and a mom to his daughter alone. Naunahan pa ng wife nya ang mom nya na may cancer.
    so? what's the point of her last will? I mean her husband is still alive? she have only 1 child...what? so her 4 day old child get her car/s? I mean it's not really complicated, I don't think there will be any dispute regarding her wealth...isn't it already in the law that children and spouses get a certain percentage on the wealth of the deceased?

and I don;t think the father will shortchange his child...

sorry, call me slow but I didn't get your story....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Drafting Your Last Will and Testament