New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I read somewhere the authorities are already talking to various ISPs and can hold them liable. I haven't really kept track of it since I don't pirate software anyway unless abandonware MS-DOS games count.
    If ISPs are held liable for the data pass through them, then mobile telcos should also be held liable for any data that pass through them, including x-rated materials, SMS messages containing libelous remarks, death threats, etc. By the same principle, the Post Office should be held liable for any illegal stuff delivered by them. All entities mentioned are mere conduits that can deliver both legal and illegal stuff.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    i always thought that the global crisis was somehow caused by this ******* downloads. imagine home entertainment to the max no cost no spending

madali naman hulihin ang mga ******* downloaders. just create a new cyber job that will police the subscribers. huli ka na

tingin ko only time will tell talagang ang next regulation will be internet-related. eto ang pumapatay ngaun sa'tin lahat.
    Is this related to your delusion that you single-handed are responsible are the reason why the prices of LCD/Plasma TVs are dropping in prices?

OldBlue, you might have skipped your pills last night.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I read somewhere the authorities are already talking to various ISPs and can hold them liable.
    Come on, if that is legal, its like saying if a Toyota Corolla hits and kills a person, then Toyota Motor Company is legally liable for the crime of murder.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; February 18th, 2009 at 09:26 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    If ISPs are held liable for the data pass through them, then mobile telcos should also be held liable for any data that pass through them, including x-rated materials, SMS messages containing libelous remarks, death threats, etc. By the same principle, the Post Office should be held liable for any illegal stuff delivered by them. All entities mentioned are mere conduits that can deliver both legal and illegal stuff.
    +1

In short, the ISPs will not agree to it. If GLobe/Smart/etc can get away saying they cannot monitor the sms/txt messages send/received by people, it's the same with ISPs.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Following the same logic, we should then prosecute the inventor of the gun. Or the hammer. Or the ball point pen. They can all be used to kill someone.
    i am talking about contributory piracy...if your analogy falls under contributory piracy, then why not? may piracy po ba diyan, Sir sa examples niyo po? kindly review your post po if it has a connection with my post...i am sure you know patent, invention, copyright po.
    Last edited by ab_initio; February 18th, 2009 at 10:08 AM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    oi!

this thread reminded me...

kailangan ko pala i-resume ang ******* ko. bwahahahahaha!!!
    Last edited by diesoline; February 18th, 2009 at 10:10 AM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

We'll see what will be their next move.....

7505:bravo:

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Sorry - double post...........

7505:bravo:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    i am talking about contributory piracy...if your analogy falls under piracy, then why not? may piracy po ba diyan, Sir sa examples niyo po? kindly review your post po if it has a connection with my post...i am sure you know patent, invention, copyright po.
    That's why it's called an analogy.

How is the creator/inventor of a tool liable for any wrongdoing done using his/her invention which was contrary to its intended purpose? Why should he/she be responsible for what other people do?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    i always thought that the global crisis was somehow caused by this ******* downloads. imagine home entertainment to the max no cost no spending
    hahahahaha

someone has to buy a PC to download and play the downloaded material right?

the effect should be the opposite. increase in demand for electronic products.
    Last edited by fourtheboys96; February 18th, 2009 at 10:38 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast