New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    My fond memories of EDSA in the mid-1970s was riding in a JD bus.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    My fond memories of EDSA in the mid-1970s was riding in a JD bus.
    Yeah...me too! Who would also forget the white DM Transit plying Monumento-Balclaran/EDSA?

Yang picture na showing Meralco & Philcomcen Bldg., is the place where the present Robinson's Galeria stands right now. Nu'ng araw talahiban yan. At sa gabi, madilim yang portion na yan.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Yeah...me too! Who would also forget the white DM Transit plying Monumento-Balclaran/EDSA?

Yang picture na showing Meralco & Philcomcen Bldg., is the place where the present Robinson's Galeria stands right now. Nu'ng araw talahiban yan. At sa gabi, madilim yang portion na yan.
    DM Transit, the original Killer Bus... yung DM nga was given a definition na Demonyo Magmaneho.

JD ba yung lawanit ang pangsara ng windows? yung kulay red na bus?

and yung picture nung taxi, ung 40/20....P0.40 ang flagdown, then P0.20 na patak ng metro.
    Last edited by claRkEnt; November 16th, 2008 at 08:36 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Guys, have you noticed...The 3M building pics........coming from Ayala, the building is located on the right side of EDSA....how come nagcounter flow ata ung mga sasakyan...di ba right side driving ang Pinas? Please correct me if I'm wrong........

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Sorry if a bit OT but I just couldn't help notice the holden Torana in this picture (the green car next to the Beetle). My Dad used to have one, the six cylinder version it was one mean car.

JD ba yung lawanit ang pangsara ng windows? yung kulay red na bus?
    As I recall yes. We used to ride it when I went to Letran in intramuros waaaay back hehehe. Lawanit lahat, pati body ata eh. The seats were very spartan, kahoy lang ang back support.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    those were the days fresher air and worry free traffic? haha and an a/c was not even a requirement when buying a brand new ride

well that's what the population is all about.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rey_rya View Post
    Guys, have you noticed...The 3M building pics........coming from Ayala, the building is located on the right side of EDSA....how come nagcounter flow ata ung mga sasakyan...di ba right side driving ang Pinas? Please correct me if I'm wrong........
    Sir.... mukhang service road ata yung nasa kanan. Malapad ang EDSA. Noon ata eh umabot pa ata ng 5 lanes each (both ways), nung wala na yung serv. road. Pero di ko na inabot yang may service road sa EDSA.
    Last edited by chua_riwap; November 16th, 2008 at 11:08 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    As I recall yes. We used to ride it when I went to Letran in intramuros waaaay back hehehe. Lawanit lahat, pati body ata eh. The seats were very spartan, kahoy lang ang back support.

And yung uniform ng mga konduktora yung pink na palda at blusa. Nangingintab sa almirol. Plantsado....unat na unat, at ubod ng tigas!

Yung bintana pa nyan, lawanit din, itina-taas pag umulan. Malamig sa labas (dahil nga naulan) pero ubod ng init sa loob, pag nagsara na lahat! He-he! Grabe, wala na pumapasok na hangin. Kasi wala pa AC noon sa mga bus.
    Last edited by chua_riwap; November 16th, 2008 at 11:07 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

no, definitely not even near the pasig area. read the sign boards:

bago bantay, balintawak and caloocan, novaliches to the left <<< northernmost intersection possible is west ave/north ave because this intersection is before bago bantay which is the southernmost place listed.

crame, marikina and pasig, san juan del monte to the right <<< means the
    southernmost intersection possible is santolan, before crame which is northernmost in the sign.

manila, sta mesa heights and espana extension and san francisco del monte on the signs pointing towards the photographer AND (the only place names I can read from the signs) UP, ??, balara, culiat, ?? and ?? pointing away <<< santolan and aurora blvd are out bec those do not lead to sfdm to the west nor balara/culiat to the west. i only know of 3 roads that can lead to UP, balara and culiat going east AND that also leads to (repeat, leads to but not necessarily pass through) manila, sta mesa, espana ext and sfdm going west, and these are west ave, quezon ave and east ave.

in addition to the above, the signs are arranged perpendicular to each other, so that means the intersection is perpendicular and not askewed like west/north/edsa or east/timog/edsa.

me thinks this is edsa corner quezon avenue.
    Last edited by yebo; November 16th, 2008 at 11:15 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I still can remember the time where:

1. There were no overpass in Edsa...you can do J-walking.
    2. There were still 'service roads' in Edsa.
    3. Edsa ends at Taft. (Wala road papunta Roxas Blvd and MOA)

Plus, we were able to fly saringgolas in the middle 'island' during summertime.

BTW, I grew up near EDSA Pasay Rotonda.

Anyway..nice pics.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Do you remember &quot;Highway 54&quot; ?