New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    malalaki nga sizes nila. kung large ako sa US sakto lang sa kin ang medium nila...

*Memphis, yes okay ang plain color nila including white. pwedeng ipagmalaki lalo na kung haharap sa mga foreigner . proudly phil. made yata. even ladies' nila ayos rin... bagay na bagay sa pinay byutis. fo kids? - di rin papatalo sa mga sikat na imported
    Last edited by XTO; June 19th, 2008 at 11:17 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    naalala ko pa kasikatan nito nung high school ako. sa mga polo shirts, cheap alternative sya to giordano, ST, GA, YSL, etc. pero agree ako na maganda quality nila. makapal na malambot. hindi rin jologs ang dating ng brand.

kabibili ko lang uli last christmas ng 1 polo shirt for me and 1 shorts para sa little boy ko. ok pa rin quality nila. pero medyo mahal na rin. natyempuhan lang na nabili ko e 70% off. hehe

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Pero hindi naman masyado mahaba yung polo shirt nila? Yung small ba pwede na hapit?

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    *Memphis, yes okay ang plain color nila including white. pwedeng ipagmalaki lalo na kung haharap sa mga foreigner . proudly phil. made yata. even ladies' nila ayos rin... bagay na bagay sa pinay byutis. fo kids? - di rin papatalo sa mga sikat na imported
    Ok thanks dito pre. I'm planning to also get back into plain whites lang para neutral color na neat naman for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    amf! :hysterical: ikaw talaga

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Favorite ko ang Collezione Shirt, pinoy na pinoy ang dating mo...kapag suot mo ito sa US!:cool01:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    quality is better than hang-ten and bench.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I have a lot during my college days you remind me I'll get another one

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Used to wear a couple of their shirts during college. I really liked their quality. Hanggang ngayon mayroon pa ako, pero masikip na siguro sa akin ngayon. I used to wieght 120 lbs. in college, eh ngayon, 180 na ako, hehehe

Eto yung ang logo nila ay "key" di ba?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002

http://business.inquirer.net/money/t...-gets-new-look

36-year-old shirt brand gets new look
    By Tina Arceo-Dumlao
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 20:32:00 07/05/2008
    IF YOU’RE IN YOUR 30s, there’s a very good chance that you once owned -- or still do -- a Collezione shirt.
    Inspired by the quality and look of the Lacoste shirts, Collezione was born in 1972 out of the belief that Filipinos deserved shirts of a similar quality but at a fraction of the cost.
    Even the name has that French ring to it, partly in homage to the iconic Lacoste brand.
    And for years, the gambit worked as Collezione cultivated a loyal following, mainly students and young professionals who were drawn to the classic designs of the affordable cotton shirts with the key logo.
    But while its clients quickly grew up, evolved and followed new trends, Collezione did not. It was slow to embrace change.
    It kept mainly to its tried and tested, basic designs, which is why Collezione gave way to upstart apparel brands that captured the imagination of clients with shifting tastes.
    Comes now Joey Qua, only child of the founder of Collezione and a BS Management and Economics graduate of the University of Massachusetts.
    After working in the US for a few years, he came home in 2000 full of ideas on how to bring the brand closer to the hearts of the young Filipinos.
    Qua tells SundayBiz that he thought the time was right to take Collezione to a new level because opportunities emerged to put up boutiques in the SM, Ayala and Robinsons malls.
    His father, however, was reluctant to tinker with the formula that enabled Collezione to ride the ebb and flow of the Philippine economy for 36 years.
    The younger Qua, thus struck out on his own, taking all that is good with the Collezione brand and adding to it new, hip designs, packaging, merchandising and even store design.
    Thus was born Collezione C2 to represent the advent of the new generation.
    “My father still handles the Collezione stores in the department stores, while I take care of the Collezione C2 in the malls,” Qua says. “There are now 20 Collezione C2 stores in different malls.”
    He admits that it has not been easy to push for changes with the brand and the way the business is being run.
    There was a lot of creative tension between him and his father, but the younger Qua did manage to have his way, since he did stress that what he was doing was for the good of the brand and its future.
    But the 39-year-old Qua stresses that while he pushed hard for innovation and venturing into uncharted territory, he did not stray from the core values of Collezione that his father nurtured.
    “I learned many things from him. He taught me to be thrifty and watch finances. He was very averse to debt,” Qua says.
    He adds that he is proud that his father has always been a stickler for quality, which is why Collezione and Collezione C2 shirts and apparel come from the company-owned manufacturing facilities.
    “He did not put up a manufacturing facility in China even if it is cheaper because he did not want to take a chance on the quality and possibility that shipments will not come in on time to fill our stores,” Qua explains. “I have to hand it to him, the quality of Collezione has been superior since time immemorial.”
    He says this explains why it was not so difficult for his Collezione C2 to penetrate new markets by combining the quality that people have come to expect from the brand with more trendy and cutting-edge designs.
    But what truly catapulted Collezione C2 into the thick of the fight in the apparel industry is the launch of its My Pilipinas Collection—a ready-to-wear line featuring the Philippine map that is either silk-screened or embroidered on classic tops, sports shirts and shirt dresses.
    “We wanted to go beyond the idea that nationalism is outdated or that only heroes can show what it’s like to be patriotic,” Qua says. “And we thought that fashion is one way by which we can make the concept, and hopefully the practice, of nationalism more relevant, accessible and open for interpretation even among the new generation.”
    The attempt has been successful, he says, as the My Pilipinas shirts have been flying off the shelves, with buyers getting more than one to send to their family members abroad who are yearning for a piece of home.
    Credit goes to Collezione C2 creative director designer Rhett Eala who managed to mix art and fashion with nationalism.
    “It took us a long time to choose the right creative director. I talked to tons of designers but we chose Rhett because we had great rapport and I felt that he was the right person to help us make nationalism hip through fashion,” he says.
    He adds that Collezione C2 will not stop at just the My Pilipinas line, and plans are underway to produce even more designs and collections that will showcase Filipino pride.
    “My vision is for everyone to have a My Pilipinas shirt as a way to show pride in being a Filipino,” Qua says. “We also want to be the brand that’s proudly Philippine-made and proudly worn by Filipinos.”

Copyright 2008 Philippine Daily Inquirer. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast